• JavaScript scripting for MS-DOS

From andre.seidelt@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 9 08:54:17 2019
    Hi there,

I just released the first public version of jSH:
    A MSDOS Javascript interpreter to create text-mode GUIs and automatize tasks on GitHub:
    https://github.com/SuperIlu/jSH

For testing I started to implement a minimal NortonCommander clone in JavaScript.

Suggestions on missing functionality (for the script engine, not the clone) are very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Ilu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JJ@21:1/5 to andre.seidelt@gmail.com on Mon Jun 10 20:12:22 2019
    On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:54:17 -0700 (PDT), andre.seidelt@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi there,

I just released the first public version of jSH: A MSDOS Javascript interpreter to create text-mode GUIs and automatize tasks on GitHub: https://github.com/SuperIlu/jSH

For testing I started to implement a minimal NortonCommander clone in JavaScript.

Suggestions on missing functionality (for the script engine, not the
    clone) are very much appreciated.

Thanks Ilu

Nice.

I see that it uses MuJS, but MuJS doesn't say which ECMAScript edition it implements.

And that 4MB RAM requirement... Isn't that too much? Can it be made configurable so that it can uses less memory, and possibly, doesn't require extended memory?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From andre.seidelt@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 10 06:21:13 2019
    Hi,

somewhere deep in the docs of MuJS it says ES2015.

As for the RAM requirements:
    It most probably runs with less than 4MB, that was just the smallest amount I tested it with. In my experience DJGPP EXEs are a little hungry on the memory side.

To create a version w/o extended memory I guess I'd need to compile it with something like Watcom. I was thinking about trying that, but delayed it 'till later as jSH is only a side-project to DOjS. Also I wanted jSH to be more feature complete before I
    do stuff like switch compilers...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05