• Western World Computer Club Source Disks

From Michael Mann@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 9 09:03:27 2021
    Hi. I came into possession of six hundred (600) 5 1/4" diskettes labelled, "Western World Computer Club Source Disks." A business card was in the box with the name H.C. Lewis. See the photo at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tLC1JtoiRQ6KJr5c8

After some sleuthing, I found that this club was in Oklahoma, and Lewis was a person who ran a Technical School of the same name. I'm guessing that these are MS-DOS disks, because one of the disks had the word "DOS" written on it. But that's the best
    that my google skills can produce.

Does anybody know what I have, here? Or anything about Lewis or the Computer Club? Should these be preserved somewhere? Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jason Scott@21:1/5 to Michael Mann on Wed Mar 10 09:44:49 2021
    On Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 12:03:28 PM UTC-5, Michael Mann wrote:
    Hi. I came into possession of six hundred (600) 5 1/4" diskettes labelled, "Western World Computer Club Source Disks." A business card was in the box with the name H.C. Lewis. See the photo at:

After some sleuthing, I found that this club was in Oklahoma, and Lewis was a person who ran a Technical School of the same name. I'm guessing that these are MS-DOS disks, because one of the disks had the word "DOS" written on it. But that's the best
    that my google skills can produce.

Does anybody know what I have, here? Or anything about Lewis or the Computer Club? Should these be preserved somewhere? Thanks!

Hi, Jscott Scott of Internet Archive. They absolutely should be preserved. I can do it or point you to people to do it, or help you do it yourself.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JJ@21:1/5 to Jason Scott on Thu Mar 11 14:35:36 2021
    On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 09:44:49 -0800 (PST), Jason Scott wrote:
    On Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 12:03:28 PM UTC-5, Michael Mann wrote:
    Hi. I came into possession of six hundred (600) 5 1/4" diskettes
    labelled, "Western World Computer Club Source Disks." A business card
    was in the box with the name H.C. Lewis. See the photo at:

After some sleuthing, I found that this club was in Oklahoma, and Lewis
    was a person who ran a Technical School of the same name. I'm guessing
    that these are MS-DOS disks, because one of the disks had the word "DOS"
    written on it. But that's the best that my google skills can produce.

Does anybody know what I have, here? Or anything about Lewis or the
    Computer Club? Should these be preserved somewhere? Thanks!

Hi, Jscott Scott of Internet Archive. They absolutely should be
    preserved. I can do it or point you to people to do it, or help you do it yourself.

I also would like to recommend that the process should be done by those who
    are already familiar with floppy disks and drives. Because doing so without
    any or not enough experience may end up damaging the floppy disks instead, especially considering that they likely to have aged quite a bit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Mann@21:1/5 to Jason Scott on Sun Oct 24 13:50:56 2021
    On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 12:44:50 PM UTC-5, Jason Scott wrote:
    Hi, Jscott Scott of Internet Archive. They absolutely should be preserved. I can do it or point you to people to do it, or help you do it yourself.

Jason, JJ! Sorry for not responding. I don't use Google very much. I have my own domain email. These "Western World Computer Club Source Disks" are important to me because they appear to be a genuine archive of something old and important. For all I know,
    I may have the ONLY available copy of this piece of history. Please contact me at mail4 <at> ware4 <dot> com, which is my real email address. We'll figure out how to save these.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05