From [via firstname.lastname@example.org]" <@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 26 17:24:43 2021
This is a port of Jansson 2.13.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP.
Jansson is a C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON data.
Its main features and design principles are:
Simple and intuitive API and data model
No dependencies on other libraries
Full Unicode support (UTF-8)
Extensive test suite
Jansson is licensed under the MIT license; see LICENSE in the source distribution for details.
DJGPP specific changes.
- The library requires an entropy source to seed the hash function.
This can either be a driver or a random data file. On plain DOS
one such driver, NOISE.SYS, can be obtained from: http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html
Please read the instructions carefully. This driver works on DOS
and may be on some versions of Windows but it does not work for all
versions of Windows. For XP it does not work and I have found no
replacement. Alternatively a random data file can be used.
It will be found by the library at run-time by evaluating the
RANDFILE environment variable.
- There are no user visible changes. Only small changes have been
done to get the library compiled.
- The port has been configured and compiled on WinXP SP3 and Win98SE.
There is no guarantee that this may be possible with any other DOS-
like OS. Due to the use of long file names it will not be possible
to configure and compile without LFN support. The port has been
compiled using gcc346 and bnu2351b.
As usual, all djgpp specific files (diffs, README files, etc.) are stored
in the "djgpp" directory. The sources have been configured to be build
in the "_build" directory. If for some reason it does not work for you,
delete its contents and configure from scratch again.
Please read the docs to become familiar with this product.
Here is an extract of the NEWS file showing the user visible changes
from the last port (Jansson 2.12) to this one:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version 2.13.1
- Include `jansson_version_str()` and `jansson_version_cmp()` in
shared library. (#534)
- Include `scripts/` in tarball. (#535)
* New Features:
- Add `jansson_version_str()` and `jansson_version_cmp()` for runtime
version checking (#465).
- Add `json_object_update_new()`, `json_object_update_existing_new()`
and `json_object_update_missing_new()` functions (#499).
- Add `json_object_update_recursive()` (#505).
- Add ``-Wno-format-truncation`` to suppress format truncation warnings (#489).
* Bug fixes:
- Remove ``strtod`` macro definition for MinGW (#498).
- Add infinite loop check in `json_deep_copy()` (#490).
- Add ``pipe`` macro definition for MinGW (#500).
- Enhance ``JANSSON_ATTRS`` macro to support earlier C standard(C89) (#501).
- Update version detection for sphinx-build (#502).
- Fix typos (#483, #494).
- Document that call the custom free function to free the return value
of `json_dumps()` if you have a custom malloc/free (#490).
- Add vcpkg installation instructions (#496).
- Document that non-blocking file descriptor is not supported on