• Major process security issue called fork bomb.

From Krunalkumar Shah@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 10 20:49:14 2018
    Hello Everyone,

I am Krunalkumar Shah. Currently, I am working towards the major process security issue called fork bomb. It replicates it self to deplete the available system resources. For my thesis work, I found two research from IEEE that tries to prevent this,
    but they have their own limitations.

As we know that, Minix or Linux or any derivative of Unix, has this problem. Now a days, this systems have increased the security in many ways. But still this fork bomb issue is not solved at all.

I want to know more about this, why the minix or linux community or any other open source community didn't solved or removed this? And if any of you have suggestions, please forward it to me.so, that i can make a concrete work towards this problem.

Thanks in advance with the hope that you will guide me in the proper direction by answering the above question. It will be helpful to me in my thesis work.

Regards,
    Krunalkumar Shah

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From deavmi@deavmi.lxd@21:1/5 to Krunalkumar Shah on Sun Dec 30 22:08:31 2018
    Krunalkumar Shah <einstein1410@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I am Krunalkumar Shah. Currently, I am working towards the major process security issue called fork bomb. It replicates it self to deplete the available system resources. For my thesis work, I found two research from IEEE that tries to prevent this,

As we know that, Minix or Linux or any derivative of Unix, has this problem. Now a days, this systems have increased the security in many ways. But still this fork bomb issue is not solved at all.

I want to know more about this, why the minix or linux community or any other open source community didn't solved or removed this? And if any of you have suggestions, please forward it to me.so, that i can make a concrete work towards this problem.

Thanks in advance with the hope that you will guide me in the proper direction by answering the above question. It will be helpful to me in my thesis work.

Regards,
    Krunalkumar Shah
    Rather sad sir thatnobody ever posts here. I'd like to see a revival of NNTP-based networks as I don't care for modern forums as much.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Krunalkumar Shah@21:1/5 to dea...@deavmi.lxd on Sun Dec 30 19:15:26 2018
    On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 3:38:36 AM UTC+5:30, dea...@deavmi.lxd wrote:
    Krunalkumar Shah <einstein1410@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I am Krunalkumar Shah. Currently, I am working towards the major process security issue called fork bomb. It replicates it self to deplete the available system resources. For my thesis work, I found two research from IEEE that tries to prevent
    this, but they have their own limitations.

I want to know more about this, why the minix or linux community or any other open source community didn't solved or removed this? And if any of you have suggestions, please forward it to me.so, that i can make a concrete work towards this
    problem.

Regards,
    Krunalkumar Shah
    Rather sad sir thatnobody ever posts here. I'd like to see a revival of NNTP-based networks as I don't care for modern forums as much.

"Keep a green tree in your heart, and perhaps a singing bird will come."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From luangruo42@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dea...@deavmi.lxd on Tue May 14 05:07:46 2019
    On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 6:08:36 AM UTC+8, dea...@deavmi.lxd wrote:

Yeah... All hail usenet

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Krunalkumar Shah@21:1/5 to Krunalkumar Shah on Tue May 14 19:50:58 2019
    On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 9:19:16 AM UTC+5:30, Krunalkumar Shah wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

Regards,
    Krunalkumar Shah

I have done my research and tried my best to prevent the fork bomb. I am sharing the link of the research paper that I made and published in International Journal of Research In Advent Technology. You can find the references from the final section of
    that paper.

I hope interested fellows will find it useful and may help them develop efficient Linux system or OS.

If my research is integrated into the process management functionality of operating system or kernel itself, then we can prevent the fork bomb for making our system unavailable which is the most important part of information security. And then Linux can
    claim to be the most secure OS.

The link of my research paper is as follows:

http://ijrat.org/downloads/Vol-7/april-2019/PaperID-74201911.pdf

Please feel free to ask questions and suggestions are always welcomed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Krunalkumar Shah@21:1/5 to luang...@gmail.com on Tue May 14 19:45:42 2019
    On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 5:37:49 PM UTC+5:30, luang...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 6:08:36 AM UTC+8, dea...@deavmi.lxd wrote:

Yeah... All hail usenet

The only reason is people took the open source wrongly and posts things that should not be posted on such valuable and knowledgeable group. I hope you found so many restrictive things. But what we can do? They are just taking the advantage of open source
    for their advertisement and promotions.

and most of the senior level people always have one thing in mind, now this group is useless and people posts bad things! So, even someone like me posts some important things, it will never seen. or if seen, it might be delayed.

But it doesn't mean, we should leave hope. I agree with you, but you alone or me can not change them from posting here.

That's what open source is.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Krunalkumar Shah@21:1/5 to Krunalkumar Shah on Tue May 14 19:55:54 2019
    On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 8:21:00 AM UTC+5:30, Krunalkumar Shah wrote:
    On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 9:19:16 AM UTC+5:30, Krunalkumar Shah wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I am Krunalkumar Shah. Currently, I am working towards the major process security issue called fork bomb. It replicates it self to deplete the available system resources. For my thesis work, I found two research from IEEE that tries to prevent
    this, but they have their own limitations.

I want to know more about this, why the minix or linux community or any other open source community didn't solved or removed this? And if any of you have suggestions, please forward it to me.so, that i can make a concrete work towards this
    problem.

Regards,
    Krunalkumar Shah

I have done my research and tried my best to prevent the fork bomb. I am sharing the link of the research paper that I made and published in International Journal of Research In Advent Technology. You can find the references from the final section of
    that paper.

I hope interested fellows will find it useful and may help them develop efficient Linux system or OS.

If my research is integrated into the process management functionality of operating system or kernel itself, then we can prevent the fork bomb for making our system unavailable which is the most important part of information security. And then Linux
    can claim to be the most secure OS.

The link of my research paper is as follows:

http://ijrat.org/downloads/Vol-7/april-2019/PaperID-74201911.pdf

Please feel free to ask questions and suggestions are always welcomed.

In nearest future, I am going to make the implementation online under the open source licenses for research and educational purposes. Educationalists and Students will find it useful.

By the way, From the research paper, by analyzing the flow chart presented, implementation becomes too easy. everything is mentioned in in-depth details into the said research paper.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05