• I've installed Minix, but it come without pkgin!

From Federico Pasqua@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 12 15:48:45 2017
    Hi, i'm new to Minix and i'm trying to learn this new world. I'm coming from FreeBSD and Linux.

I've installed a new Minix on a machine for some testing from a CD i've compiled directly from Git branch 3.4.
    The problem is that the system comes with the script:
    pkgin_all
    pkgin_cd
    pkgin_sets

but without pkgin! So i can't install things from internet.
    I've tried to install from the CD with pkgin_cd, but i CAN'T find what is the devname of my CD and so i'm unable to mount it.

Why the systems from the CD comes without pkgin? Or it's a problem from the compiled version with releasetools/x86_cdimage.sh ?

Thanks for your attention.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Hul Tytus@21:1/5 to Federico Pasqua on Tue Nov 14 22:04:54 2017
    You might try the minix3 user's group. I believe it's one of Google's
    groups so a search via Google should get you there. If you're interested
    in Minix's version 2.xx, try http://minix1.woodhull.com and/or www.minix-vmd.org. The 2.xx versions are pre internet, so there isn't the dependence or large size typical of the later versions.

Hul

Federico Pasqua <federico.pasqua.96@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi, i'm new to Minix and i'm trying to learn this new world. I'm coming from FreeBSD and Linux.

I've installed a new Minix on a machine for some testing from a CD i've compiled directly from Git branch 3.4.
    The problem is that the system comes with the script:
    pkgin_all
    pkgin_cd
    pkgin_sets

but without pkgin! So i can't install things from internet.
    I've tried to install from the CD with pkgin_cd, but i CAN'T find what is the devname of my CD and so i'm unable to mount it.

Why the systems from the CD comes without pkgin? Or it's a problem from the compiled version with releasetools/x86_cdimage.sh ?

Thanks for your attention.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)