• Getting the basics of Windows 11 right should be a higher priority for

From OSnews@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 21 16:44:49 2022
    Back when I reviewed Windows 11 for Neowin in 2021, I awarded it a score of 6.5/10, while saying that "simplification of UI isn';t a terrible idea but having it there in a half-baked manner doesn';t really make for an enticing user experience". Although
    that was my opinion based on the launch version of the OS, unfortunately, it still hasn';t changed more than six months later.
    Microsoft seems intent on adding new features as we have seen in recent Insider releases, while ignoring all the UI inconsistencies and lack of basic functionalities in the existing release.

The goal with Windows 11 was to make the UI more consistent, but as I predicted, it just seems Microsoft added yet another graphical layer atop the vast list of layers going back all the way to Windows 3.x in some places. Coming from the lovely visual
    and behavioural consistency of a Gtk+ desktop, seeing Windows 11 makes my brain hurt.

https://www.osnews.com/story/134801/getting-the-basics-of-windows-11-right-should-be-a-higher-priority-for-microsoft/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)