• EndeavourOS delivers new tiling window manager

From OSnews@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 21 16:44:49 2022
    EndeavourOS is an Arch-based Linux distribution, and in and of itself not something I';d write about here. However, at the very end of the release notes for its latest release, there';s this:

This release is also shipping with a brand-new Window Manager developed by our community editions team member Codic12 and we are more than proud to present you this WM that was developed a little bit under our wing.
    Codic12 decided to develop this WM to satisfy his need for a lightweight window manager that worked well with both floating and tiling modes and had window decorations with minimise, maximise and close buttons in any layout desired and that could run on
    a semi-embedded system like the PIZero.
    Worm is written in Nim and is based on X11, a Wayland version isn't in the pipeline in the near future, according to him.

There';s been a surge of interest in tiling window managers lately, with tons of articles and howtos about things like i3 and Awesome, and System76, too, made tiling a prime feature in Pop!_OS. Heck, even Windows is in on the game. Tiling isn';t for me -
    I';ll manage and resize my window manually, like an animal, thank you very much - but there';s no denying there seems to be a huge demand for tiling features.

https://www.osnews.com/story/134771/endeavouros-delivers-new-tiling-window-manager/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)