• Windows needs a change in priorities

From OSnews@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 22 00:59:59 2022
    We need to talk about Windows priorities as a product. And I am saying this as someone who wants Windows to succeed - it's a great OS that, despite it's naysayers, is still one of the best when it comes to backwards compatibility and richness of
    functionality. I mean, I can literally run a game written for Windows 95 on Windows 11 without major issues (no, I am not going to open the SafeDisc can of worms this time). I can't do that on macOS or Linux boxes reliably, and yet Windows is doing a-OK
    with this task. That being said, I am disappointed to see the direction that the OS is taking lately, and it feels like a very odd misplacement of priorities, especially given the advances that other Microsoft products are going through.

A detailed post outlining all the problems on Windows - problems that are only getting worse. Using Windows these days feels like visiting Times Square in New York - it';s a cacophony of lights and colours and advertisements and noise that, while an
    experience worth having, I didn';t want to stay for much longer than a few minutes. It doesn';t have much to offer besides the lights and colours and advertisements and noise, because those are the very point of Times Square. There';s nothing else of
    value there.

Windows is the same - it isn';t an operating system designed for its users, it';s an operating system designed to increase ad and services revenue. The people in charge at Windows clearly aren';t the people who care about a coherent, welcoming, pleasing,
    thorough, and well-crafted experience - it';s the advertisement bozos and cloudbros who run the Windows department.

And that';s sad.

https://www.osnews.com/story/134704/windows-needs-a-change-in-priorities/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)