• MorphOS 3.16 released

From OSnews@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 11 01:24:49 2022
    The MorphOS development team is proud to announce the immediate availability of MorphOS 3.16. This release includes numerous important performance, stability and security improvements. A new version of Wayfarer comes included with the OS and replaces the
    now obsolete Odyssey Web Browser. We';ve also included the Iris email client, Magic Beacon notifications system and a Command-Tab application switcher. The Synergy Client and Server applications are now compatible with the free Barrier alternative.
    OpenSSL3 is now available as a shared library.

MorphOS is actually a remarkably good and capable operating system - held back by its reliance on outdated Apple PowerPC hardware. It';s got a a robust core, a good browser, a number of great applications, and you can configure and alter every nook and
    cranny of the operating system (assuming you can get through the thick molasses that is several decades of Amiga-isms that make no sense to anyone who hasn';t been part of the scene for about as long).

It';s just sad it';s held back by outdated hardware that';s really becoming ever harder to keep running these days. There have been the occasional rumblings of a port to x86, but as far as I know, nothing has come of it yet. Meanwhile, my 17″ 1.
    25Ghz PowerBook G4 sees the occasional boot into MorphOS, and with this new release, I feel a few boots incoming.

https://www.osnews.com/story/134659/morphos-3-16-released/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)