• Sources: Mozilla extends its Google search deal

From OSnews@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 18 03:06:43 2020
    Mozilla and Google have extended their current search deal for another three years, multiple sources have told ZDNet.
    The new search deal will ensure Google remains the default search engine provider inside the Firefox browser until 2023 at an estimated price tag of around $400 million to $450 million per year.
    Mozilla officials are expected to announce the search deal';s extension later this fall, in November, when the organization is scheduled to disclose its 2019 financial figures.

This is definitely good news in terms of Firefox'; continued existence, but the uncertainty every time the deal is about to run out illustrates once again that this situation is entirely untenable. I have no idea how to solve this problem, but my wildest
    idea is large open source projects like major Linux distributions, GNOME, KDE, and so on, taking an active interest in investing manpower and other resources into ensuring Firefox remains the independent browser for Linux and BSD users.

God forbid I have to use Chrome.

https://www.osnews.com/story/132215/sources-mozilla-extends-its-google-search-deal/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)