• Strange issue with my BIOS

From Alejandro Piris@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 16 14:34:46 2017
    El sábado, 25 de enero de 2014, 22:25:22 (UTC+1), G. escribió:
    Hi, my question doesn't really have to do with Linux but I couldn't find the best group for posting it. Since I use Linux and since I previously got precious answers from here, I ask again.

I have a strange issue with my BIOS. I recently bought a new computer and played a little with the BIOS; everything was fine. I could install an OS (fedora); now when I boot the computer, everything is fine: the OS starts and if I have some bootable USB stick, it starts as well.

But... I can't access my BIOS any longer! When I turn the computer on, I have the initial splash screen; then I can hit "del" and I quickly see "Entering setup..."; I see sometimes the blue background of the setup screen for a very tiny time, then obviously the computer encounters some issue, restart, shows the initial splash screen again; and if I do nothing with "del", the OS comes as usual.

I can't change my BIOS settings now but the computer works. Any hint?

Regards,

G.

La verdad,no sé como ayudarte,solo estoy aquí para aprobar.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Carlos E.R.@21:1/5 to Alejandro Piris on Mon Oct 16 23:55:05 2017
    On 2017-10-16 23:34, Alejandro Piris wrote:
    El sábado, 25 de enero de 2014, 22:25:22 (UTC+1), G. escribió:
    Hi, my question doesn't really have to do with Linux but I couldn't find the >> best group for posting it. Since I use Linux and since I previously got
    precious answers from here, I ask again.

I have a strange issue with my BIOS. I recently bought a new computer and
    played a little with the BIOS; everything was fine. I could install an OS
    (fedora); now when I boot the computer, everything is fine: the OS starts and
    if I have some bootable USB stick, it starts as well.

But... I can't access my BIOS any longer! When I turn the computer on, I have
    the initial splash screen; then I can hit "del" and I quickly see "Entering >> setup..."; I see sometimes the blue background of the setup screen for a very
    tiny time, then obviously the computer encounters some issue, restart, shows >> the initial splash screen again; and if I do nothing with "del", the OS comes
    as usual.

I can't change my BIOS settings now but the computer works. Any hint?

Regards,

G.

La verdad,no sé como ayudarte,solo estoy aquí para aprobar.

Pues así suspendes seguro :-P

--
    Cheers, Carlos.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)