• Killer Windows Utilities

From kniesel.tech@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Kenneth Henderson on Fri Apr 12 12:45:40 2019
    On Wednesday, August 31, 1994 at 6:23:45 PM UTC-5, Kenneth Henderson wrote:
    I have a popular book called "Killer Windows Utilities". (Good book, >BTW). It comes with disks. One of them is WinDesk/Q and two more are >utilities. I just tried to install a utility and it asked for Disk 3.
    As far as I know, there is no Disk 3. Does anyone have the book and, if >so, can you tell me if I'm missing a disk?"

Yes, I have the book (big black cat on cover) and used Windesk/Q for a bit. I sent in the card in back for the FREE upgrade about 8 months ago. I'm still waiting for it to show up.

Whatever you do, DON'T SEND THESE PEOPLE MONEY!!

It's too bad..I kind of liked WinDesk/Q,if they had sent me the upgrade they might have had a new customer.

Ken

p.s. Ha..Ha..I also have 3 disks that came with the book.

this will probably never be seen but, do you still have the Windesk/Q Shareware (or upgrade disk, i dont think anybody is worried about a Win 3.1 app at this point)? i am trying to setup my old PS/2 Model 55 and i found my killer book but its missing the
    Windesk floppy, do you still have it that you could email it to me (or better post it to the software library at Archive.org for all to see its glory .. lol
    -Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Nola Lsat@21:1/5 to kniese...@gmail.com on Sat May 1 22:43:04 2021
    honestly been looking for windesk/q as well...it was an awesome platform i'd love to mess with it again.

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 2:45:41 PM UTC-5, kniese...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 31, 1994 at 6:23:45 PM UTC-5, Kenneth Henderson wrote:
    I have a popular book called "Killer Windows Utilities". (Good book, >BTW). It comes with disks. One of them is WinDesk/Q and two more are >utilities. I just tried to install a utility and it asked for Disk 3.
    As far as I know, there is no Disk 3. Does anyone have the book and, if >so, can you tell me if I'm missing a disk?"

Yes, I have the book (big black cat on cover) and used Windesk/Q for a bit. I
    sent in the card in back for the FREE upgrade about 8 months ago. I'm still
    waiting for it to show up.

Whatever you do, DON'T SEND THESE PEOPLE MONEY!!

It's too bad..I kind of liked WinDesk/Q,if they had sent me the upgrade they
    might have had a new customer.

Ken

p.s. Ha..Ha..I also have 3 disks that came with the book.
    this will probably never be seen but, do you still have the Windesk/Q Shareware (or upgrade disk, i dont think anybody is worried about a Win 3.1 app at this point)? i am trying to setup my old PS/2 Model 55 and i found my killer book but its missing
    the Windesk floppy, do you still have it that you could email it to me (or better post it to the software library at Archive.org for all to see its glory .. lol
    -Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)