• ANN: Coherent 4tH v3.64.0 released

From Hans Bezemer@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 10 10:02:53 2022
    Hi!

I've just uploaded the Coherent version of 4tH, which is a Forth compiler with a classical architecture instead of the usual Forth VM.

It is LGPL, comes with all sources and can be compiled by the vanilla K&R Coherent compiler. Interfacing with C is a breeze and you can make standalone programs easily.

It can be downloaded at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/forth-4th/files/4th-3.64.0

If there are any problems I'd like to know. Sorry it took some time to get this one ready, but here it is.

Hans Bezemer

BTW, is anyone interested in a simple (structured) Basic interpreter? If so, I make that one available as well.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Udo Munk@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 11 00:58:52 2022
    I would suggest to make Basic available also, there is only one open source Basic
    left from what we once had running and an alternative is always nice to have.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hans Bezemer@21:1/5 to Udo Munk on Wed Jan 12 02:38:02 2022
    On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 9:58:53 AM UTC+1, Udo Munk wrote:
    I would suggest to make Basic available also, there is only one open source Basic
    left from what we once had running and an alternative is always nice to have.
    Done! Note that as long as 4tH compiles on Coherent, this one does as well. I uploaded minutes ago, so your mileage may vary AKA: it may not be visible yet.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/forth-4th/files/ubasic-4th

Choose the R2 version. That includes the Coherent 4.2 version as well as the Ben Nanonote version as of today. Note it's a tiny integer interpreter, but it's quite capable. You can do "Old Skool" Basic as well as Structured Basic - and even mix both
    styles. It's got full string and (text) file support.

Hans Bezemer

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05