• LVN_GETINFOTIP / NMLVGETINFOTIP - set timeout ?

From R.Wieser@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 8 10:35:16 2022
    Hello all,

I've got a listview for which I want to display some extra info using an "infotip".

Altought that works the time I get to read it is rather short and would like
    to make it a bit longer (preferrably for as long as the mouse is on the infotip). Alas, I can't seem to find a LVM_* message which does that.

tl;dr:
    Does anyone know how to change the "infotip" visibility time ?

Regards,
    Rudy Wieser

P.s.
    If anyone knows how to get an LVN_GETINFOTIP for subitems too (XPsp3:
    comctl32 v5.82) I would not say no to that either. :-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Paul N@21:1/5 to R.Wieser on Thu Sep 8 05:42:14 2022
    On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 9:35:54 AM UTC+1, R.Wieser wrote:
    Hello all,

I've got a listview for which I want to display some extra info using an "infotip".

Altought that works the time I get to read it is rather short and would like to make it a bit longer (preferrably for as long as the mouse is on the infotip). Alas, I can't seem to find a LVM_* message which does that.

tl;dr:
    Does anyone know how to change the "infotip" visibility time ?

Regards,
    Rudy Wieser

P.s.
    If anyone knows how to get an LVN_GETINFOTIP for subitems too (XPsp3: comctl32 v5.82) I would not say no to that either. :-)

I did a bit of looking (I'm not an expert) and I found https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/controls/ttm-setdelaytime which tells you how to set that for a tooltip using TTM_SETDELAYTIME and TTDT_AUTOPOP. The snag here presumably is that you
    are not creating the tooltip yourself, it is sort of buried in the listview. If you could find a way to get the HWND of the tooltip presumably you could do this but it's not clear if it's possible to get that value. Sorry.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From R.Wieser@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 8 16:41:57 2022
    Paul,

I did a bit of looking (I'm not an expert) and I found https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/controls/ttm-setdelaytime which tells you how to set that for a tooltip using TTM_SETDELAYTIME and TTDT_AUTOPOP.

Grumble, grumble ... I was going thru the listview messages, and totally
    forgot to take a peek at the tooltips ones. :-|

Thanks for the link.

you could find a way to get the HWND of the tooltip

*That* one I found : LVM_GETTOOLTIPS.

I just tried both, and it works like a charm. Although there is no "show until move away from the tooltip" I think that using 0x7FFFFFFF (over 24
    days) will do just fine. :-)

Regards,
    Rudy Wieser

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05