• Is there a standard way to get access to the redirection surfaces?

From Free Yu@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 15 19:02:55 2021
    Hi,

I'm writing an application to stream the content of specified windows. The BitBlt works well for many applications, and even for DirectX applications.
    However, when trying to get the content of Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, the magic fails and returns a black rectangle of pixels.

I wonder whether there's a standard way to get the bits of the window content for any windows.

Thanks,
    --
    freyu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Christian Astor@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 17 11:54:17 2021
    Free Yu a écrit :

I'm writing an application to stream the content of specified windows. The BitBlt works well for many applications, and even for DirectX applications.
    However, when trying to get the content of Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, the magic fails and returns a black rectangle of pixels.

I wonder whether there's a standard way to get the bits of the window content for any windows.

A way is with DwmRegisterThumbnail
    (used by Explorer Thumbnails in the Taskbar)
    (then D3DXSaveSurfaceToFileInMemory to get the HBITMAP)
    or also recent methods : https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2019/09/16/new-ways-to-do-screen-capture/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Free Yu@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 20 02:53:25 2021
    在 2021年4月17日星期六 UTC+8 下午5:54:20,<Christian ASTOR> 写道:
    Free Yu a écrit :

A way is with DwmRegisterThumbnail
    (used by Explorer Thumbnails in the Taskbar)
    (then D3DXSaveSurfaceToFileInMemory to get the HBITMAP)
    or also recent methods : https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2019/09/16/new-ways-to-do-screen-capture/

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try. But I doubt that the content retrieved from Thumbnail interface might be a low level mipmap.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Christian Astor@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 21 20:02:26 2021
    Free Yu a écrit :

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try. But I doubt that the content retrieved from Thumbnail interface might be a low level mipmap.

What do you mean by "low level bitmap" ?
    It is an exact live copy of the window (if it is a video, it is animated
    and you can extract a HBITMAP with D3DX)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jevgenijs Malcevs@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 29 01:20:21 2022
    среда, 21 апреля 2021 г. в 21:02:31 UTC+3, Christian ASTOR:
    and you can extract a HBITMAP with D3DX)
    Can You please give example how to get surface from DwmRegisterThumbnail?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05