• Initiate soundcard midiport, from javascript

From jonas.thornvall@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 10 12:29:46 2018
    I fiddle a bit with javascript, and i have no problem open up in/out ports from USB keyboard to external module, and it works with Yamah XG soft synth device in control panel. ("I run XP")

However if i try use a SBLive with kxdriver and loaded SF2 i am unable to access it, but i know it works because if i play a midifile using SBLive via SF2, when the script and browser are running the keyboard suddenly do work and play notes using the
    script, but as soon i turn of media player no tunes are put thru.
    So media player somehow open up the connection but i am sure the script already connected.

So is there a special "midi code" that are sent from microsoft mediaplayer, that somehow notify the soundcard that it should receive midi and when to stop?

Any suggestions?

The external USB midi out port and the XG midi device are initiated the same way and listed in script together with the kxsynth, but for some reason it does not work with the soundcard. I will try with my X-fi card that also can play soundfonts but i
    guess it will be the same.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jonas.thornvall@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 10 12:58:29 2018
    Den tisdag 10 april 2018 kl. 21:29:47 UTC+2 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
    I fiddle a bit with javascript, and i have no problem open up in/out ports from USB keyboard to external module, and it works with Yamah XG soft synth device in control panel. ("I run XP")

However if i try use a SBLive with kxdriver and loaded SF2 i am unable to access it, but i know it works because if i play a midifile using SBLive via SF2, when the script and browser are running the keyboard suddenly do work and play notes using the
    script, but as soon i turn of media player no tunes are put thru.
    So media player somehow open up the connection but i am sure the script already connected.

So is there a special "midi code" that are sent from microsoft mediaplayer, that somehow notify the soundcard that it should receive midi and when to stop?

Any suggestions?

The external USB midi out port and the XG midi device are initiated the same way and listed in script together with the kxsynth, but for some reason it does not work with the soundcard. I will try with my X-fi card that also can play soundfonts but i
    guess it will be the same.

Well it work now i have no idea.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)