• Re: Why does Google Maps on phone require access to my contacts to load

From Muhammad Akhtar Assi@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 18 18:15:53 2023
    Google Maps on your phone may request access to your contacts for a couple of reasons, but these reasons may have evolved with subsequent updates to the app. Here are some possible explanations:

Sharing Locations: Google Maps allows you to share your real-time location with contacts. If you want to share your location with a friend, it may request access to your contacts so that you can easily select the contact with whom you want to share your
    location.

Saved Locations: Google Maps allows you to save locations, such as your home or work address, for easy navigation. Access to your contacts can help you associate saved locations with contacts' addresses, making it more convenient to navigate to these
    places when needed.

Recommendations: Google Maps might use your contacts to provide you with recommendations for places to visit based on where your contacts have been. For example, if a friend has visited a restaurant and shared their experience, the app may recommend that
    restaurant to you.

Emergency Services: In some cases, having access to your contacts could potentially assist with emergency services. For instance, if you're using Google Maps for navigation and need to call emergency services, the app may allow you to quickly select a
    contact or access your contacts for assistance.

Please note that app permissions and their purposes can change with updates, so it's essential to review the permissions requested by the app during installation or when they change. If you're concerned about privacy or don't want to grant certain
    permissions, you can often adjust app permissions in your phone's settings to limit what the app can access.

Keep in mind that while these were potential reasons for Google Maps to request access to your contacts as of my last update, the app's behavior may have changed since then. I recommend checking the app's permissions and any related release notes or
    privacy settings in the most recent version of Google Maps for the most accurate information.
    https://modapktv.com/carrom-pool-mod-apk/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)