• Re: Do youtube videos not have a rating anymore ?

From Andy Burns@21:1/5 to Spiros Bousbouras on Tue Dec 21 09:43:18 2021
    XPost: comp.internet.services.video.youtube

Spiros Bousbouras wrote:

Usually I access the pages of youtube videos for the purpose of getting information about the video (as opposed to actually watching the video) through a script of my own. One of the things it displayed until recently was the rating of a video. Basically somewhere on the source of the video page there would be something like

"averageRating":"4.9422383"

They recently disabled "disliking" a video, to prevent hurting people's feelings, probably the rating had to go for the same reasons?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Andy Burns@21:1/5 to Marco Moock on Tue Dec 21 10:19:04 2021

Marco Moock wrote:

YT seems to have disabled the dislike function
    at all, so people can't say "I don't like that" anymore.

You can still click dislike, but it doesn't show the world how many people have done so.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Marco Moock@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 11:48:27 2021

Am Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2021, um 10:19:04 Uhr schrieb Andy Burns:

You can still click dislike, but it doesn't show the world how many
    people have done so.
    That is what some channel operator wanted: Others can't see anymore
    that I video is being disliked by many people.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Julio Di Egidio@21:1/5 to Andy Burns on Sat Dec 25 01:01:24 2021
    On Tuesday, 21 December 2021 at 10:43:20 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
    Spiros Bousbouras wrote:

Usually I access the pages of youtube videos for the purpose of getting information about the video (as opposed to actually watching the video) through a script of my own. One of the things it displayed until recently was
    the rating of a video. Basically somewhere on the source of the video page there would be something like

"averageRating":"4.9422383"
    They recently disabled "disliking" a video, to prevent hurting people's feelings, probably the rating had to go for the same reasons?

It's the dumbing down of all nations: as we knew when these things were still studied, likes vs dislikes is the minimum level of user rating whose aggregation becomes info for exploration: and they are gradually dismantling any of it from all platforms,
    not just YouTube that's actually been resisting for longer than others, since we brainwashed slaves can only like stuff, buy it, eat it, and die... It's about the extinction of thinking: of the very idea of any understanding, or judgment, or critical
    thinking and of course, God forbid, of any dissent.

But people won't get it: for every sociopathic genocidal cunt who runs this planet, there are millions of retarded pieces of shit who keep making that possible. I am indeed vouching for a mass extinction proper, as a whole we are a cosmic cancer and
    disgrace.

Happy forgetting,

Julio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Julio Di Egidio@21:1/5 to Julio Di Egidio on Mon Dec 27 00:08:05 2021
    On Monday, 27 December 2021 at 08:59:57 UTC+1, Julio Di Egidio wrote:
    On Sunday, 26 December 2021 at 21:59:41 UTC+1, Theo wrote:
    In comp.misc The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Snowflake Protection policy. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of
    the kitchen.
    The opposite: the creator of the video can still see the number of dislikes.
    If they were offended by that before, they still will be.

The difference is that an organised dislike campaign doesn't get any gratification from seeing the dislike count rise, and YT hope this will reduce the impact of campaigns to remove revenue from creators through using
    the dislike feature as a weapon, like an inverse petition.
    Snowflake protection your ass, but with this follow up we are back to the fraudulent cunts realm proper.

Enjoy,

Actually, fuck you retarded cunts, eat your own shit and die.

*Plonk*

Julio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Julio Di Egidio@21:1/5 to Theo on Sun Dec 26 23:59:56 2021
    On Sunday, 26 December 2021 at 21:59:41 UTC+1, Theo wrote:
    In comp.misc The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Snowflake Protection policy. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of
    the kitchen.
    The opposite: the creator of the video can still see the number of dislikes. If they were offended by that before, they still will be.

The difference is that an organised dislike campaign doesn't get any gratification from seeing the dislike count rise, and YT hope this will reduce the impact of campaigns to remove revenue from creators through using the dislike feature as a weapon, like an inverse petition.

Snowflake protection your ass, but with this follow up we are back to the fraudulent cunts realm proper.

Enjoy,

Julio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05