• Inline images not shown in emails anymore

From bepo29021972@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 28 03:00:57 2021
    Hi,

for about 2 months now I notice that Eudora (7.1.0.9) does not show me any inline image content anymore. In the past I was able to click something like "Show HTML content", but that possibility is gone now. All I see from images inside an email is a
    little box with an x shown.

I already checked the display options, but all is set correctly.
    Also nothing was changed in the options since I noticed the changes reported above.

Any idea, what could have changed in the last 2 months? Is it maybe Browser related? I know that Eudora takes the Internet Explorer by default to open websites/links.

Thanks for your help.
    Bepo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DaveH2@21:1/5 to bepo29...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 1 04:35:30 2021
    On Sunday, 28 February 2021 at 11:00:58 UTC, bepo29...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi,

for about 2 months now I notice that Eudora (7.1.0.9) does not show me any inline image content anymore. In the past I was able to click something like "Show HTML content", but that possibility is gone now. All I see from images inside an email is a
    little box with an x shown.

I already checked the display options, but all is set correctly.
    Also nothing was changed in the options since I noticed the changes reported above.

Any idea, what could have changed in the last 2 months? Is it maybe Browser related? I know that Eudora takes the Internet Explorer by default to open websites/links.

Thanks for your help.
    Bepo

What version of Windows are you using? If it's an old version there is now a problem with Internet Explorer displaying some content due to out of date certificates. Do the images display correctly if you right click on the message and select "Send to
    Browser"?
    If that works, which browser is that? If it works I assume it's not Internet Explorer. Try copying the address in the address bar of the browser that is displaying the message correctly, and open that address in Internet Explorer. Does that still work?
    If not, that's the problem.
    Cheers, Dave.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arthur Maravelis@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 15 17:34:33 2021
    I have the same issue recently running Win7 SP1 x64, Eudora and IE10. All emails from Constant Contact rs6.net server are not displaying images.

I upgraded to IE11, same issue. I upgraded to Edge, same issue.

I have a VM running Win10, clean, copied Eudora over to it and no more issue.

So, anything we can do and still keep Win7 and Eudora happy?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05