• Suddenly cannot send email but can receive !! Another one! Not the Same

From Kaelkitty@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 7 00:43:16 2022
    I had this problem about a year ago, and now it is back. My circumstances are a little bit different though. In the middle of February this year, my computer died completely. My very nice computer repairer took both my hard drives and my video/audio
    cards out and put them in a new box. I was very fortunate that he had an identical system to change them over to.

Since the repair there have been a few odd things going on, which I wont bother you with but most importantly I can't email out to anybody, from either of my two email addresses!

I have spent three hours on Chat with GoDaddy, who host my email addresses,
    and this was the result -
    "As discussed earlier and informed you that the product you are using does not belong us, due to company policies we are unable to do any troubleshoot with any 3rd party products. we wish to request you please contact either 3rd Party support or any
    other person who use the same product,
    We tried to help you in this but just because we do not have access to any 3rd party products. If you have more concern regarding the same please reach back to us."

Sigh!

When I try to send an email, I get these messages -
    Jacq Felis, SSL; 1 message left to send; RSET [02.23.17 PM]
    Error reading from network: Cause: connection aborted due to timeout or other failure (10053)

Lois Colleen Tucker, SSL; 1 message left to send; RSET [02.35.57 PM]
    Error reading from network: Cause: connection aborted due to timeout or other failure (10053)

I discovered the problem at the beginning of March, but had to wait until today to put time into it as I have recently been in hospital and had other things to worry about. Please let me know any other information you need.

Yours Sincerely,
    Ms Jacq Felis.

PS I did read through the other poster's similar problem but it got a bit too complex for me and I think I will have to start from the beginning.

Now

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Kaelkitty on Fri May 6 17:18:19 2022
    On Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 3:43:18 AM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
    I had this problem about a year ago, and now it is back. My circumstances are a little bit different though. In the middle of February this year, my computer died completely. My very nice computer repairer took both my hard drives and my video/audio
    cards out and put them in a new box. I was very fortunate that he had an identical system to change them over to.

Since the repair there have been a few odd things going on, which I wont bother you with but most importantly I can't email out to anybody, from either of my two email addresses!

I have spent three hours on Chat with GoDaddy, who host my email addresses, and this was the result -
    "As discussed earlier and informed you that the product you are using does not belong us, due to company policies we are unable to do any troubleshoot with any 3rd party products. we wish to request you please contact either 3rd Party support or any
    We tried to help you in this but just because we do not have access to any 3rd party products. If you have more concern regarding the same please reach back to us."

Sigh!

I discovered the problem at the beginning of March, but had to wait until today to put time into it as I have recently been in hospital and had other things to worry about. Please let me know any other information you need.

Yours Sincerely,
    Ms Jacq Felis.

PS I did read through the other poster's similar problem but it got a bit too complex for me and I think I will have to start from the beginning.

Now

I always have problems setting up the email in Eudora, even though it should be simple. When something is wrong the error messages are not easy to understand.

I'm also having a problem. I recently changed hosting providers, which should be transparent to email, but they often use different ports and have different settings required. I think I'm going to have to ask my hosting provider for help. But they
    often can't/won't try to help with Eudora.

My incoming email worked from the start almost. I only had to change the incoming server name from the old hosting provider (who used their direct server names) to my domain name mail.name.com. But I guess I didn't change the outgoing settings, so it
    has been going through the old hosting account until now (they shut down). I've followed the setting in the cpanel, but it still complains about authorization.

"550 SMTP AUTH required for message submission on port 587"

I'm never clear on what Eudora is saying with these messages.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DaveH2@21:1/5 to gnuarm.del...@gmail.com on Sat May 7 04:28:14 2022
    On Saturday, 7 May 2022 at 01:18:20 UTC+1, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

Sigh!

Yours Sincerely,
    Ms Jacq Felis.

Now
    I always have problems setting up the email in Eudora, even though it should be simple. When something is wrong the error messages are not easy to understand.

I'm also having a problem. I recently changed hosting providers, which should be transparent to email, but they often use different ports and have different settings required. I think I'm going to have to ask my hosting provider for help. But they

My incoming email worked from the start almost. I only had to change the incoming server name from the old hosting provider (who used their direct server names) to my domain name mail.name.com. But I guess I didn't change the outgoing settings, so it
    has been going through the old hosting account until now (they shut down). I've followed the setting in the cpanel, but it still complains about authorization.

Have you got 'Required, Alternate port' set? That's what is nearly always needed nowadays.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dav...@sky.com on Sat May 7 05:48:39 2022
    On Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 7:28:14 AM UTC-4, dav...@sky.com wrote:
    On Saturday, 7 May 2022 at 01:18:20 UTC+1, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
    I had this problem about a year ago, and now it is back. My circumstances are a little bit different though. In the middle of February this year, my computer died completely. My very nice computer repairer took both my hard drives and my video/
    audio cards out and put them in a new box. I was very fortunate that he had an identical system to change them over to.

"As discussed earlier and informed you that the product you are using does not belong us, due to company policies we are unable to do any troubleshoot with any 3rd party products. we wish to request you please contact either 3rd Party support or
    any other person who use the same product,

Sigh!

Lois Colleen Tucker, SSL; 1 message left to send; RSET [02.35.57 PM] Error reading from network: Cause: connection aborted due to timeout or other failure (10053)

Yours Sincerely,
    Ms Jacq Felis.

Now

Have you got 'Required, Alternate port' set? That's what is nearly always needed nowadays.

Yes, I tried that as well. I created a new thread to discuss this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05