• formatting java(?) displayed on incoming mail.

From john2881943@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 28 04:31:18 2017
    I get all the formating instructions displayed on my incoming mail making it almost impossible to read the message.

Here's an example:

"From: "Inchcape Volkswagen Exeter" <volkswagen@inchcapecrm.co.uk>

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px), only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { [class~="mxm-mobile-hide"] { display: none !important } img[class~="mxm-image"] { width: 100% !important; height: auto !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-textalign-left"
    ] { text-align: left !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-align-left"] > *, [class~="mxm-mobile-align-left"] > a > * { margin-left: 0 !important; margin-right: auto !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-textalign-center"] { text-align: center !important; } [
    class~="mxm-mobile-align-center"] > *, [class~="mxm-mobile-align-center"] > a > * { margin-left: auto !important; margin-right: auto !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-textalign-right"] { text-align: right !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-align-right"] >
    *, [class~="mxm-mobile-align-right"] > a > * { margin-left: auto !important; margin-right: 0 !important; } td[class~="4Column-columnorder1"] { float:left; } td[class~="4Column-columnorder2"] { float:left;clear:both; } td[class~="4Column-mobile-100"] {
    width:100% !important;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box; } td[class~="1Column-mobile-100"] { width:100% !important;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box; } td[class~="2Column-5050-columnorder1"] { float:left; } td[class~="
    2Column-5050-columnorder2"] { float:left;clear:both; } td[class~="2Column-5050-mobile-100"] { width:100% !important;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box; } td[class~="3Column-columnorder1"] { float:left; } td[class~="3Column-columnorder2"] {
    float:left;clear:both; } td[class~="3Column-mobile-100"] { width:100% !important;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box; } } @media only screen and (max-width: 480px), only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { table[class~="mobile-max-width"]
    {width:320px !important;} } .ReadMsgBody { width: 100%; } .ExternalClass { width: 100%; } html, body { margin: 0; padding: 0; }
    * { mso-line-height-rule: exactly; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; -moz-text-size-adjust: none; -ms-text-size-adjust: none; text-size-adjust: none; } .gmailfix { display:none; display:none!important; } a[x-apple-data-detectors] { color: inherit !
    important; text-decoration: none !important; font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; font-weight: inherit !important; line-height: inherit !important; }

It never used to do this. I imagine I have turned it on somewhere without realising what I was doing but I can't work out where I can turn it off.

Can anyone help?

John Cook

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Patty Winter@21:1/5 to john2881943@gmail.com on Fri Apr 28 18:47:18 2017
    In article <9627aae9-c377-4849-bcb9-4f650854fae7@googlegroups.com>,
    <john2881943@gmail.com> wrote:
    I get all the formating instructions displayed on my incoming mail
    making it almost impossible to read the message.

I no longer have access to Eudora, but could this be the result
    of having clicked on the Blah...Blah...Blah icon? I thought that
    only affected a single message, but maybe it's persistent.

I've also seen Eudora freak on the encoding in some messages and
    display the encoding rather than the intended formatting, but if
    you're getting this on every message, it must be some setting.

Patty

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tim Streater@21:1/5 to john2881943@gmail.com on Fri Apr 28 19:56:07 2017
    In article <9627aae9-c377-4849-bcb9-4f650854fae7@googlegroups.com>, <john2881943@gmail.com> wrote:

I get all the formating instructions displayed on my incoming mail making it >almost impossible to read the message.

Here's an example:

[snip lines of html]

It never used to do this. I imagine I have turned it on somewhere without >realising what I was doing but I can't work out where I can turn it off.

It's HTML, not java or javascript. Eudora was always rubbish at
    rendering HTML.

--
    "... you must remember that if you're trying to propagate a creed of
    poverty, gentleness and tolerance, you need a very rich, powerful,
    authoritarian organisation to do it." - Vice-Pope Eric

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hauke Fath@21:1/5 to john2881943@gmail.com on Wed Sep 13 16:07:14 2017
    <john2881943@gmail.com> wrote:

I get all the formating instructions displayed on my incoming mail making
    it almost impossible to read the message.

Here's an example:

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px), only screen and
    (max-device-width: 480px) { [class~="mxm-mobile-hide"] { display: none !important } img[class~="mxm-image"] { width: 100% !important; height:
    auto !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-textalign-left"] { text-align:
    left !important; } [class~="mxm-mobile-align-left"] > *, [class~="mxm-mobile-align-left"] > a > * { margin-left: 0 !important; margin-right: auto !important; }

[...]

What you see is CSS (cascading style sheets), an add-on to HTML that
    separates document content from document markup, not unlike style sheets
    in word processors.

The Eudora makers in their infinite wisom decided HTML was the end-all
    to email, so much that Eudora quietly dumps plain text sent along with
    HTML in a mail. And then they weren't able to keep up rendering what
    HTML turned into...

Cheerio,
    hauke

--
    Now without signature.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05