• Eudora for Mac is now HERMES Mail/X - we're continuing development

From n.theodore.matavka.files@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 18 05:31:59 2018
    Hello, world!

Some of you may have heard of HERMES Mail; for those that haven't, it's an effort to continue the development of Qualcomm Eudora for Windows with new programmers. Now, the original plan was that OS X and Linux versions would be ported from that codebase,
    but for insurance purposes, I've dusted off the original Mac version, which (although incomplete, mostly lacking resource forks etc.) is written in pure C and could serve as an alternative.

I've had many requests for UNIX support (whether OS X or Linux), but I wasn't sure how best to accommodate them, given that even the Windows version would be hard to release. I now feel more relaxed about the situation, relaxed enough even to launch a
    Kickstarter in the certainty that a Mac version will come into being.

The software is called Mail/X (as in OS X, UNIX, Linux, POSIX). The Kickstarter is still under review (should be approved in a day or so) but until then, you can read about us here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313324524/1974201660?ref=atdd9u&
    token=90a539f4

-- Nicholas Edward Werner-Matavka

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)