• email not rfc 5322 compliant

From Paul@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 30 00:16:19 2021
    Hello, I have setup my sendmail in FreeBSD but I am having issues with the sending of messages being flagged as spam by the spam filters. For example, Rspamd or Google, etc..

I have not setup SPF, Dmarc, DKIM on the email but I do know that the email works in the sense it is able to send and receive.

I would like to have it send an email to the customer for example, after a sale that sends them the receipt. It will be from a domain that receives email at a different server. Can I add two ips to SPF? or simply add another entry? Also, is this the only
    issue? How do I do the dkim?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bje@ripco.com@21:1/5 to Paul on Wed Jun 30 11:53:56 2021
    Paul <paul.kagan.81@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello, I have setup my sendmail in FreeBSD but I am having issues with the sending of messages being flagged as spam by the spam filters. For
    example, Rspamd or Google, etc..

I have not setup SPF, Dmarc, DKIM on the email but I do know that the
    email works in the sense it is able to send and receive.

I would like to have it send an email to the customer for example, after a sale that sends them the receipt. It will be from a domain that receives email at a different server. Can I add two ips to SPF? or simply add
    another entry? Also, is this the only issue? How do I do the dkim?

Just talking out of my ass here but you must have something else majorly
    wrong.

Although mailers should at least have SPF and DKIM, I don't think missing either or both should trigger the mail as spam.

You do know to use either you need access to the mailers zone record for the domain?

If you can't get SPF to work, trying DKIM is going to blow the back of your head off.

Here, if you can, try sending one of those receipts to ripco@ripco.com and
    if it comes in, I'll see what our servers say about the content and
    spammyness of it.

Are you getting the bounces back? Are you checking the headers for any clue
    on why the email was rejected?

-bruce
    bje@ripco.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From D. Stussy@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 5 00:09:35 2021
    "Paul" wrote in message news:2f07c1ba-e789-4531-a86d-97285954f7efn@googlegroups.com...
    Hello, I have setup my sendmail in FreeBSD but I am having issues with the sending of messages being flagged as spam by the spam
    filters. For example, Rspamd or Google, etc..

I have not setup SPF, Dmarc, DKIM on the email but I do know that the email works in the sense it is able to send and receive.

I would like to have it send an email to the customer for example, after a sale that sends them the receipt. It will be from a
    domain that receives email at a different server. Can I add two ips to SPF? or simply add another entry? Also, is this the only
    issue? How do I do the dkim?
    -------

SPF, DMARC, and DKIM have nothing to do with RFC 5321 or 5322 compliance.

Gmail has a problem with not following the ABNF syntax for messages. THAT would be a compliance issue.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05