• osheet:cells(X,Y):=value=IF(a=b,c,if(...))

From timepro timesheet@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 10 21:32:11 2022
    how do i program/syntax:

for xloop=xrowstart to xrowend

osheet:cells(xloop,16):value=opbal && P
    osheet:cells(xloop,17):value=debits && Q
    osheet:cells(xloop,18):value=credits && R
    osheet:cells(xloop,19):value="This Is The TaxCredit" && S osheet:cells(xloop,20):value="="+"P"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"-"+"Q"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"+"+"R"+alltrim(str(xloop)) && T
    *this is where i am stuck osheet:cells(xloop,21):value=if("T"+alltrim(str(xloop))>'0','cr',if("T"+alltrim(str(loop))='0',originalbalance,'dr')) && originalbalance is a predefined variable

next

2. how to assign the value of a cell to a variable
    e.g.
    thetax=osheet:cells(xxx,yyy)
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From poopall@21:1/5 to timec...@gmail.com on Mon Jan 10 22:46:47 2022
    On Tuesday, 11 January 2022 at 4:32:12 pm UTC+11, timec...@gmail.com wrote:
    how do i program/syntax:

osheet:cells(xloop,19):value="This Is The TaxCredit" && S osheet:cells(xloop,20):value="="+"P"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"-"+"Q"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"+"+"R"+alltrim(str(xloop)) && T
    *this is where i am stuck osheet:cells(xloop,21):value=if("T"+alltrim(str(xloop))>'0','cr',if("T"+alltrim(str(loop))='0',originalbalance,'dr')) && originalbalance is a predefined variable

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks

thetax := osheet:cells(xxx,yyy):value
    @ rr,cc say thetax

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From poopall@21:1/5 to timec...@gmail.com on Mon Jan 10 23:02:33 2022
    how do i program/syntax:

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks

Firstly you are trying to compare a string to be greater than another string,
    I was wondering what value you are expecting here ?, as I assume you want to compare it to a numeric value

Looks to me like you need to read the value first

xValue := oSheet:Range("T"+alltrim(str(xloop))
    if xValue > 0
    OutComment := "cr"
    elseif xValue = 0
    OutComment := "dr"
    else
    OutComment := "error" // <<maybe some other value here>>
    endif

oSheet:cells(xLoop,21):Value = originalbalance
    oSheet:cells(xLoop,21+1):value = OutComment

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From timepro timesheet@21:1/5 to poopall on Tue Jan 11 00:15:55 2022
    On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 12:32:34 PM UTC+5:30, poopall wrote:
    how do i program/syntax:

osheet:cells(xloop,17):value=debits && Q osheet:cells(xloop,18):value=credits && R osheet:cells(xloop,19):value="This Is The TaxCredit" && S osheet:cells(xloop,20):value="="+"P"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"-"+"Q"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"+"+"R"+alltrim(str(xloop)) && T

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks
    Firstly you are trying to compare a string to be greater than another string, I was wondering what value you are expecting here ?, as I assume you want to compare it to a numeric value

if xValue > 0
    elseif xValue = 0
    else
    endif

oSheet:cells(xLoop,21):Value = originalbalance
    oSheet:cells(xLoop,21+1):value = OutComment

thanks poopall:

'Firstly you are trying to compare a string to be greater than another string,
    I was wondering what value you are expecting here ?, as I assume you want to compare it to a numeric value '
    -that e.g. was just to get the syntax.

'thetax := osheet:cells(xxx,yyy):value'
    -this helps me a lot.

in your e.g. xValue := oSheet:Range("T"+alltrim(str(xloop))
    -just wondering why osheet:'Range' when i need the value from just a single cell?

can't i just code (inside the loop):
    thetax := osheet:cells(xloop,20):value
    oSheet:cells(xLoop,21):Value = thetax

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From timepro timesheet@21:1/5 to timepro timesheet on Tue Jan 11 00:54:11 2022
    On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 1:45:56 PM UTC+5:30, timepro timesheet wrote:
    how do i program/syntax:

osheet:cells(xloop,16):value=opbal && P osheet:cells(xloop,17):value=debits && Q osheet:cells(xloop,18):value=credits && R osheet:cells(xloop,19):value="This Is The TaxCredit" && S osheet:cells(xloop,20):value="="+"P"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"-"+"Q"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"+"+"R"+alltrim(str(xloop)) && T

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks
    I was wondering what value you are expecting here ?, as I assume you want to compare it to a numeric value

if xValue > 0
    elseif xValue = 0
    else
    endif

oSheet:cells(xLoop,21):Value = originalbalance oSheet:cells(xLoop,21+1):value = OutComment
    thanks poopall:

I was wondering what value you are expecting here ?, as I assume you want to compare it to a numeric value '

-this helps me a lot.

-just wondering why osheet:'Range' when i need the value from just a single cell?

also:

what i am trying to achieve is this:

e.g. if cell(A824) is sum(A8..A823), then if any value in cells A8 - A823 is edited, the value in A824 "auto changes"...

for xxx=nstart to nend
    how do i code cell(21,xxx) should "auto change" to 'paid' or 'non paid' or whatever...on the basis of cell(20,xxx) value.
    (if value of cell(20,xxx)<0, then cell(21,xxx) must show 'paid', if cell(20,xxx)>0 then cell(21,xxx)...'unpaid'
    -similar algorithm as sum()
    next
    so, if the user (on the open .xlsx file), 'manually' changes the value in cell(20,xxx) then 'correspondingly' cell(21,xxx) should auto change...
    cell(21,xxx) has to be blocked for manual edit/input.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From timepro timesheet@21:1/5 to timepro timesheet on Tue Jan 11 02:33:51 2022
    On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 2:24:12 PM UTC+5:30, timepro timesheet wrote:
    how do i program/syntax:

osheet:cells(xloop,16):value=opbal && P osheet:cells(xloop,17):value=debits && Q osheet:cells(xloop,18):value=credits && R osheet:cells(xloop,19):value="This Is The TaxCredit" && S osheet:cells(xloop,20):value="="+"P"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"-"+"Q"+alltrim(str(xloop))+"+"+"R"+alltrim(str(xloop)) && T

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks

if xValue > 0
    elseif xValue = 0
    else
    endif

oSheet:cells(xLoop,21):Value = originalbalance oSheet:cells(xLoop,21+1):value = OutComment
    thanks poopall:

-this helps me a lot.

also:

e.g. if cell(A824) is sum(A8..A823), then if any value in cells A8 - A823 is edited, the value in A824 "auto changes"...

for xxx=nstart to nend
    how do i code cell(21,xxx) should "auto change" to 'paid' or 'non paid' or whatever...on the basis of cell(20,xxx) value.
    (if value of cell(20,xxx)<0, then cell(21,xxx) must show 'paid', if cell(20,xxx)>0 then cell(21,xxx)...'unpaid'
    next
    so, if the user (on the open .xlsx file), 'manually' changes the value in cell(20,xxx) then 'correspondingly' cell(21,xxx) should auto change...

how to use a variable with/in sum() or formula()

a1="E"+alltrim(str(xrow,6))
    a2="J"+alltrim(str(xrow,6));oSheet:cells(xrow,20) a3="N"+alltrim(str(xrow,6));oSheet:cells(xrow,20)
    :Formula = "=((&a1+&a2)/(&a3))*taxpercent" && in process it does not pick the value of taxpercent (can be diff. for each year)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From poopall@21:1/5 to timec...@gmail.com on Thu Jan 13 16:36:29 2022
    On Tuesday, 11 January 2022 at 7:15:56 pm UTC+11, timec...@gmail.com wrote:
    how do i program/syntax:

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks

if xValue > 0
    elseif xValue = 0
    else
    endif

thanks poopall:

-this helps me a lot.

A range can be a single cell, so use oSheet:Range("T"+alltrim(str(xloop)) tro extract the value

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From poopall@21:1/5 to timec...@gmail.com on Thu Jan 13 16:55:47 2022
    On Tuesday, 11 January 2022 at 7:54:12 pm UTC+11, timec...@gmail.com wrote:
    how do i program/syntax:

next

e.g.
    @ rr,cc say thetax

thanks

if xValue > 0
    elseif xValue = 0
    else
    endif

thanks poopall:

-this helps me a lot.

also:

for xxx=nstart to nend
    next

Use the sum formula in a824, excel will calculate any changes
    oSheet:Cells( "A824" ):Formula = "=sum(a8:A823)", I am sure that I have mentioned this in previous posts

I think you are trying to learn the basic of Excel and Harbour at the same time

oSheet:Cells( 21,xxx ):Formula = "=if({write your excel formula here} )"

Would require you to protect the spreadsheet with a password, and then unlock the cell..range eg 21,xxx with a password.. I have not tried this programmatically within xharbour so cant assist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PARESH VALIA@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 13 21:47:18 2022
    thanks poopall:

'I think you are trying to learn the basic of Excel and Harbour at the same time '
    -pretty much...

' oSheet:Cells( 21,xxx ):Formula = "=if({write your excel formula here} )"' -tried oSheet:Cells( 21,xrow ):Formula = "=if({'P'+alltrim(str(xow))>0, 'unpaid',if('P'+alltrim(str(xrow))=0, 'paid', 'cr.bal'))} )"
    doe not work. (is my coding/syntax wrong)

also,
    how to use a VARIABLE with/in sum() or formula()
    a1="E"+alltrim(str(xrow))
    a2="J"+alltrim(str(xrow))
    a3="N"+alltrim(str(xrow))
    :Formula = "=((&a1+&a2)/(&a3))*nTAXPERCENT" && processing, it does not pick the value of ntaxpercent (can be same/diff. for each cell - on the basis of the record date)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From poopall@21:1/5 to PARESH VALIA on Thu Jan 13 22:37:16 2022
    On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 4:47:19 pm UTC+11, PARESH VALIA wrote:
    thanks poopall:

'I think you are trying to learn the basic of Excel and Harbour at the same time '
    -pretty much...

' oSheet:Cells( 21,xxx ):Formula = "=if({write your excel formula here} )"' -tried oSheet:Cells( 21,xrow ):Formula = "=if({'P'+alltrim(str(xow))>0, 'unpaid',if('P'+alltrim(str(xrow))=0, 'paid', 'cr.bal'))} )"

also,
    :Formula = "=((&a1+&a2)/(&a3))*nTAXPERCENT" && processing, it does not pick the value of ntaxpercent (can be same/diff. for each cell - on the basis of the record date)

"=if({'P'+alltrim(str(xow))>0, 'unpaid',if('P'+alltrim(str(xrow))=0, 'paid', 'cr.bal'))} )

Do this
    oSheet:Cells( 21,xrow ):Formula = '=if(P' +alltrim(str(xow))+'>0, "unpaid" ,if (P'+alltrim(str(xrow))+'=0, "paid", "cr.bal"))'

I hav'nt tested so cant guarantee it will work but you need to build the xHarbour string to include what you need for the Excel formulae

Formula = "=((&a1+&a2)/(&a3))*nTAXPERCENT"

This is not an excel formula you so can't substitute XHarbour code into Excel code and visa versa

Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*nTAXPERCENT"

I assume nTAXPERCENT is referring to a named Excel range (single cell) which is pre-defined elsewhere in your speadsheet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From timepro timesheet@21:1/5 to poopall on Fri Jan 14 00:01:35 2022
    On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 12:07:18 PM UTC+5:30, poopall wrote:
    thanks poopall:

-pretty much...

also,

"=if({'P'+alltrim(str(xow))>0, 'unpaid',if('P'+alltrim(str(xrow))=0, 'paid', 'cr.bal'))} )
    Do this
    oSheet:Cells( 21,xrow ):Formula = '=if(P' +alltrim(str(xow))+'>0, "unpaid" ,if (P'+alltrim(str(xrow))+'=0, "paid", "cr.bal"))'

I hav'nt tested so cant guarantee it will work but you need to build the xHarbour string to include what you need for the Excel formulae

This is not an excel formula you so can't substitute XHarbour code into Excel code and visa versa

I assume nTAXPERCENT is referring to a named Excel range (single cell) which is pre-defined elsewhere in your speadsheet.

thanks again poopall:

'oSheet:Cells( 21,xrow ):Formula = '=if(P' +alltrim(str(xow))+'>0, "unpaid" ,if (P'+alltrim(str(xrow))+'=0, "paid", "cr.bal"))'
    --had tried that too...but doesn't work.

' I assume nTAXPERCENT is referring to a named Excel range (single cell) which is pre-defined elsewhere in your speadsheet.'
    --no, it is initially defined as a public variable in main.prg. then, in the do whil !eo()...skip...endd, ntaxpercent value may vary for EACH CELL , on the basis of the 'billyear field' inside the loop after each skip.

in the loop
    if field->billyear=2017; ntaxpercent=field->billtaxperc ntaxpercent=if(ntaxpercent=0,1,ntaxpercent)
    e.g. ntaxpercent=15 - so, cell('P'+str(xrow++)) Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*nTaxpercent" (i.e. 15)
    skip
    if field->billyear=2015; ntaxpercent=field->billtaxperc
    ntaxpercent is 18 - so, cell('P'+str(xrow++)) Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*nTaxpercent" (i.e. 18)
    skip
    if field->billyear=2021; ntaxpercent=field->billtaxperc
    ntaxpercent is nXYZ - so, cell('P'+str(xrow++)) Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*nXYZ (i.e...)
    skip

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PARESH VALIA@21:1/5 to poopall on Thu Jan 13 23:44:31 2022
    On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 12:07:18 UTC+5:30, poopall wrote:
    thanks poopall:

-pretty much...

also,

Do this

thanks again poopall:

'oSheet:Cells( 21,xrow ):Formula = '=if(P' +alltrim(str(xow))+'>0, "unpaid" ,if (P'+alltrim(str(xrow))+'=0, "paid", "cr.bal"))'
    --had tried that too...but doesn't work.

' I assume nTAXPERCENT is referring to a named Excel range (single cell) which is pre-defined elsewhere in your speadsheet.'
    --no, it is initially defined as a public variable in main.prg. then, in the do whil !eo()...skip...endd, ntaxpercent value may vary on the basis of the 'billyear field' inside the loop after each skip.

in the loop
    if field->billyear=2017; ntaxpercent=field->billtaxperc
    ntaxpercent is 15 - so, cell('P'+str(xrow++)) Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*15"
    skip
    if field->billyear=2015; ntaxpercent=field->billtaxperc
    ntaxpercent is 18 - so, cell('P'+str(xrow++)) Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*18"
    skip
    if field->billyear=2021; ntaxpercent=field->billtaxperc
    ntaxpercent is nXYZ - so, cell('P'+str(xrow++)) Formula = "=(("+a1+"+"+a2+")/("+a3+"))*nXYZ
    skip

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From timepro timesheet@21:1/5 to poopall on Fri Jan 14 01:56:33 2022
    On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 12:07:18 PM UTC+5:30, poopall wrote:
    thanks poopall:

-pretty much...

also,

Do this

thanks, this works

'Do this

--oSheet:Cells(xxx,12):Formula='=if(K'+alltrim(str(xxx))+'="CR","Paid",if(K'+alltrim(str(xxx))+'="DE","Defaulted","UnPaid"))'

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05