• Re: Job vacancies

From Dennis Lee Bieber@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 10 13:41:15 2022
    On Sun, 10 Jul 2022 18:46:26 +0300, Walid AlMasri <mwalmasri2003@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

I would like to ask if there are any openings that suit my background?
    I want to work on python either remotely or at job site

Most of the regulars here are just users asking for help with the language, or providing said help. Some may be developers of the Python
    language itself.

Pretty much none that I've seen have any inputs with the hiring departments of any firms.

Very few firms look explicitly for Python, in my experience. They want software engineers with experience in multiple languages and operating
    systems, and skill in developing software independent of language -- the language used comes down to implementation (give the design to some
    new-hire to hack into working code <G> ) and may be constrained by the application domain requirements (you won't find Python in real-time
    avionics, for example -- but it might be used to analyze debug logs during development of said avionics).

Your background appears to be research-biased, and Python (with numpy/scipy/pandas) would just be a tool for analysis... as would R,
    Octave, Matlab, Mathematica. Again, I wouldn't expect any such research facility to mandate Python -- they'd be more interested in the "theoretical physics" side and data collection. Analysis would come down to whatever
    tool is best suited (likely by a team consensus).

I attach my CV

NO binary attachments on this forum. Plain text may make it through (since you could just include it as the message itself).

But... since no hiring manager is reading here, there is no reason to include it. You need to investigate sites that manage job postings.

--
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Walid AlMasri@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 10 18:46:26 2022
    Dear Python-list,

Hope my email finds you well

I am a postdoc in theoretical physics
    I has been working on python since around 3 years where I use Jupyter
    notebooks and pycharm in my physics research

I would like to ask if there are any openings that suit my background?
    I want to work on python either remotely or at job site

I attach my CV

Thanks a lot in advance and all the best wishes to you

Best Regards,
    Walid

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)