• Pre compiled Forth dictionary?

From SpainHackForth@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 11 03:13:18 2023
    Hi all,

I’m starting to ponder how to build a Parallel Fort idea, I will share on another post, but in this concept of understating how to build a Forth, I was looking at the diction as a structure, and I came up with a realization that I would like to get
    everyone’s opinion on.

Considering that after the Forth VM is started, aside form the supporting functions of the REPL (correct me if this is not well summarized) basically we are in a interpreter loop, and you are moving between the outer and inner interpreters, and reeding
    and appending the dictionary as needed. ( Yes there is FORGE… but keeping it simple.)

Well, then this idea that if a dictionary structure is pre build, as in binary format, you could potentially craft an assembler to build a dictionary that could be cross translated to any platform? You need an opcode library of the different targets and
    get to your own crafted dictionary.

I then found someone has done this for the entire FORTH… https://dacvs.neocities.org/SF/SForth220711dmp.txt

Awesome job from David Smith

Although the dictionary is not complete, this is a bootstrap that then compiles the complete forth system.

Thoughts?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)