• Re: The truth of ultra low energy misc computing, on the cheap!

From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 4 04:45:18 2022
    I'm picking up for the moment, so have to go.

Be kind, while I'm gone. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 4 04:40:32 2022
    I'm not doing too well today, so trying to keep it together before the .. group turn up.

Things slip the mind due to past events, but one thing fits in perfectly with Misc, quantum dot cellular automata computing (MQDCA), which since transformed into magnetic computing efforts promising up to 40Thz. But what is here, and understood, and
    can be probably more cheaply printed or stamped pressed, for a speed comparable to misc and operate at much lower energy, is MQDCA. In the 1990's, the claim was a million times less energy than current desktops, and eventually 500mhz. I saw an
    opportunity to maximise the speed by redesigning the signal stabilisation mechanics, which is what the 4Thz plus group is doing from memory. However, as tricky as this sounds, you can design a MQDCA with ping pong balls (it's in a reference book I had
    on the technology). But, it also means, you could do something with magnets laid out with a 1 micro 3D printing machine, or press stamped. Many problems don't even require 500mhz, so I wonder if 1 micron will be useful. Let's say, that you could
    possibly archive 1ghz+ with some simple modifications.

An Aside. For a more complete look at what else is out there in ultra low energy and high speed, conventional processing:

Even though we are looking at optical assisted transistor switching techniques that work down to one or two photons to switch in one of them, and one thousand and one million times increases in switching speed retrospectively, this is still expensive and
    some time away. I'm not well enough to read the general explanation at the moment, but for photons to reach its fuller potential in ultra low power conventional transistor processing, they would have to figure out how to hold the photonic value without
    slowing the system, to have the two inputs of a transistor be available at the same time to produce a switch. Conversion to another form takes time, if electrical, then you would have an electrical switch. The whole devaluing of electrical switching
    might be overblown for an non+obvious reason. However, both of these techniques are probably less productive.

At the present time, MQDCA could be printed on plastic. So, it's worth exploring for small microprocessor companies, who might be able to afford the printing equipment and patenting.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zbig@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 4 11:00:25 2022
    This is comp.lang.forth newsgroup, not comp.misc.ultra.low.energy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to Zbig on Tue Oct 4 18:10:42 2022
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 4:00:26 AM UTC+10, Zbig wrote:
    This is comp.lang.forth newsgroup, ..

Misc is part of forth.

As has been explained before multiple times to some, this group is not a possession.

Who is Zbig?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lorem Ipsum@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Tue Oct 4 19:08:51 2022
    On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 9:10:44 PM UTC-4, Wayne morellini wrote:

Misc is part of forth.

As has been explained before multiple times to some, this group is not a possession.

Who is Zbig?

I'm just trying to understand. The comp.lang.forth group is not a possession, but individual threads in c.l.f are?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to gnuarm.del...@gmail.com on Tue Oct 4 19:49:58 2022
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 12:08:52 PM UTC+10, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

Misc is part of forth.

I'm just trying to understand. The comp.lang.forth group is not a possession, but individual threads in c.l.f are?

Yes. No use letting Machiavellians hijack demand and overrun them. I believe that even net etiquette can agree!

It's perfectly alright to start reasonable and related (or other) or incidental and reasonable, sub conversations, but not to try to unreasonably detract with misleading and delusional information, rather than enhance the intention of the thread (given
    that the thread is not just unreasonable, as with some of the attack threads which turn up).

You can always change the thread name line and change the topic to something incidental. Though, confusingly, this doesn't get shown in google groups, which just groups things under the old subject.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From none) (albert@21:1/5 to gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com on Wed Oct 5 10:36:27 2022
    In article <4605a585-8e74-481a-be3c-9e1b35ff2e56n@googlegroups.com>,
    Lorem Ipsum <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

Misc is part of forth.

As has been explained before multiple times to some, this group is not
    a possession.

Who is Zbig?

I'm just trying to understand. The comp.lang.forth group is not a >possession, but individual threads in c.l.f are?

Am I to deposit everyone who responds to the "Wayner" in my kill-file?

--

Rick C.

Groetjes Albert
    --
    "in our communism country Viet Nam, people are forced to be
    alive and in the western country like US, people are free to
    die from Covid 19 lol" duc ha
    albert@spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lorem Ipsum@21:1/5 to none albert on Wed Oct 5 07:05:54 2022
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 4:36:30 AM UTC-4, none albert wrote:
    In article <4605a585-8e74-481a...@googlegroups.com>,
    Lorem Ipsum <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:

Misc is part of forth.

As has been explained before multiple times to some, this group is not
    a possession.

Who is Zbig?

I'm just trying to understand. The comp.lang.forth group is not a >possession, but individual threads in c.l.f are?
    Am I to deposit everyone who responds to the "Wayner" in my kill-file?

If that is your decision, then have at it. Will you also kill file all those who respond to those who respond to Wayne? Carry that far enough and you will never hear from anyone in this group.

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    -- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to gnuarm.del...@gmail.com on Wed Oct 5 07:31:20 2022
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 12:05:56 AM UTC+10, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

Am I to deposit everyone who responds to ..in my kill-file?
    If that is your decision, then have at it. Will you also kill file all those who respond to those who respond to ..? Carry that far enough and you will never hear from anyone in this group.

--

Rick C.

He's going have to put himself in his own kill file!

Weird over reaction and behaviour we get around here.

Who is this Groetjes Albert?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lorem Ipsum@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Wed Oct 5 08:41:05 2022
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 10:31:21 AM UTC-4, Wayne morellini wrote:
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 12:05:56 AM UTC+10, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

Am I to deposit everyone who responds to ..in my kill-file?
    If that is your decision, then have at it. Will you also kill file all those who respond to those who respond to ..? Carry that far enough and you will never hear from anyone in this group.

--

Rick C.

He's going have to put himself in his own kill file!

Someone worthy of respect in the Forth community. If you haven't been here long enough to know the real players, you should try to refrain from making yourself look silly.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    -+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to gnuarm.del...@gmail.com on Wed Oct 5 14:24:47 2022
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 1:41:06 AM UTC+10, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

Someone worthy of respect in the Forth community. If you haven't been here long enough to know the real players, you should try to refrain from making yourself look silly.

Taking opportunity to attack again.
    Richard Collins Arius.

You have a pretty funny view of things. There is a lot of very low players, who never say or do anything real significant, ever, who come along and pretend to look important, and subvert real players. But there are hardly any "real players" here,
    because this community is no longer based on "real" players. With some just voicing off how insignificant certain real players are because they themselves are not these "real" players. Is that from Tzu or Machiavelli? If I read the three books, would I
    find most of the problems here?

Take your own advice..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lorem Ipsum@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Wed Oct 5 16:38:30 2022
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 5:24:48 PM UTC-4, Wayne morellini wrote:
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 1:41:06 AM UTC+10, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

Richard Collins Arius.

You have a pretty funny view of things. There is a lot of very low players, who never say or do anything real significant, ever, who come along and pretend to look important, and subvert real players. But there are hardly any "real players" here,
    because this community is no longer based on "real" players. With some just voicing off how insignificant certain real players are because they themselves are not these "real" players. Is that from Tzu or Machiavelli? If I read the three books, would I

Take your own advice..

If you wish to find the problems in this group, just look in the mirror.

Maybe, just maybe, you could try posting the content you claim is missing. But no, you would rather enter into meaningless debates of who is to blame for derailing you from thinking.

I swear, you are so much worse than Hugh ever was. At least his rants would be about real events that he felt were unfair to him somehow. You imagine all manner of petty slights while people are simply trying to talk to you.

Whatever. You have succeeded in making me really sorry I respond to any of your posts. I'll let you get back to ranting at the other posters now.

--

Rick C.

+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dxforth@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Thu Oct 6 11:56:59 2022
    On 6/10/2022 8:24 am, Wayne morellini wrote:

There is a lot of very low players, who never say or do anything real significant,
    ever, who come along and pretend to look important.

That's not a bad description. So how is it you ended up here rather than at the table of serious players and investors? What are the chances of them reading posts on c.l.f.?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to gnuarm.del...@gmail.com on Wed Oct 5 19:12:54 2022
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 9:38:31 AM UTC+10, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 5:24:48 PM UTC-4, Wayne morellini wrote:

Richard Collins Arius.

Take your own advice..
    If you wish to find the problems in this group, just look in the mirror.

Then wouldn't we just see You!

You post a lot of self entitled nonsense just trying to win. If you want the respect than act worthy of respect, instead of busting a move all the time. We are not here for nonsense. It is clear most of this stuff has nothing to do with the subject at
    hand, but just trouble making, the quicker everybody puts certain people who stalk, in the non show file, the quicker the quality of this group can rise up, which has been evident for a very long time. Am I clear!

This group has been lulled into thinking very low quality is normal. It is an intolerable level of interruption and interference in the due process of progression, in a way that has under and over tones of mental issues (which is grossly under diagnosed
    in Autism Spectrum, due to many professionals being on the spectrum and justifying their behaviours as acceptable). The people who have left, probably were the better ones.

To a fool, accurate complex lengthy information is a "rant" while they micro rant and misdirect and deceive, but imagine they are perfectly fine. Their "talk" to people they 'target: is self filling foolishness.

You hardly publish anything that is good to me. The issue has been the man in your mirror. If you think he looks fine, I can assure you, in reality, it looks the reverse.

DX,

Pests will kill a lot of things you work on.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to dxforth on Wed Oct 5 19:16:33 2022
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 10:57:15 AM UTC+10, dxforth wrote:

There is a lot of very low players, who never say or do anything real significant,

That's not a bad description. So how is it you ended up here rather than at the table of serious players and investors? What are the chances of them reading posts on c.l.f.?

Being generous.

Answers were already given, and you indicated you felt like attacking..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dxforth@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Thu Oct 6 15:08:19 2022
    On 6/10/2022 1:12 pm, Wayne morellini wrote:

DX,

My work doesn't comprise projections into the future.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dxforth@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Thu Oct 6 15:47:55 2022
    On 6/10/2022 1:16 pm, Wayne morellini wrote:
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 10:57:15 AM UTC+10, dxforth wrote:

That's not a bad description. So how is it you ended up here rather than at >> the table of serious players and investors? What are the chances of them
    reading posts on c.l.f.?

Being generous.

Answers were already given,

You wanted to be a big fish in a small pond? We largely got that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to dxforth on Fri Oct 7 19:53:18 2022
    On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 2:08:25 PM UTC+10, dxforth wrote:
    On 6/10/2022 1:12 pm, Wayne morellini wrote:

DX,

My work doesn't comprise projections into the future.

Then how can not really plan or do original work then.

On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 2:47:58 PM UTC+10, dxforth wrote:

You wanted to be a big fish in a small pond?..

I think this is very much more about how you see yourself DX.

Folks forgive us for these people, they are not our regulars, with a need to follow around and interfere. The last thing we need them to do is let them do this to people, and drive people away. Please ignore them.l!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05