• Forth processor project Re: Comments: ColorForth binary in JavaScript!

From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Sat Sep 3 23:06:02 2022
    On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:41:30 AM UTC+11, Wayne morellini wrote:
    I had been interested in this. The current JavaScript binary is complex, but ColorForth instructions are compiled to x86, which adds speed, and could be compiled to other processors machine instruction set.

So, you write in ColorForth in JavaScript to use JavaScript calls and virtual machine. However, in competing processors the binary data storage format can be different.

What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and
    packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code.

An additional thought:

Implementing an alternative to PHP, etc, in Colorforth under JavaScript?

Syncing forth processor project threads.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Wayne morellini@21:1/5 to Wayne morellini on Sun Sep 4 08:32:57 2022
    On Sunday, September 4, 2022 at 4:06:04 PM UTC+10, Wayne morellini wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:41:30 AM UTC+11, Wayne morellini wrote:
    I had been interested in this. The current JavaScript binary is complex, but ColorForth instructions are compiled to x86, which adds speed, and could be compiled to other processors machine instruction set.

So, you write in ColorForth in JavaScript to use JavaScript calls and virtual machine. However, in competing processors the binary data storage format can be different.

What do people think of the solutions for implementing the binary storage/machine code, and compiling into other competing processors? Also, obviously, people would like to edit colorforth on normal JavaScript editors, with it, then compile and
    packaged it out? People would also, Want to include optional source, as the JavaScript binary does? To myself, the last part isn't something I need, but, people like to present modifiable web page code.

An additional thought:

Implementing an alternative to PHP, etc, in Colorforth under JavaScript?
    Syncing forth processor project threads.

Forth processor project

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.forth/c/6adve-Z1ppU/m/ymmLagxEBwAJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)