• Automated nightly and weekly builds available

From tombert@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 24 12:17:34 2023
    Dear TCL Community,

please see my new binary download location: https://degitlab-ext.terma.com/tper/tcltk/-/packages

Actually I don't know if it really makes sense to have daily builds. I might change it later to weekly ... except there are strong voices to keep them daily.

Enjoy!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alex P@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 25 11:09:36 2023
    понедельник, 24 июля 2023 г. в 22:17:38 UTC+3, tombert:
    Dear TCL Community,

please see my new binary download location: https://degitlab-ext.terma.com/tper/tcltk/-/packages

Actually I don't know if it really makes sense to have daily builds. I might change it later to weekly ... except there are strong voices to keep them daily.

Enjoy!

Yes, weekly would be fine. And of course, no access for those Russian barbarians, as it is now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Rickster@21:1/5 to Alex P on Wed Jul 26 12:12:36 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 11:09:39 AM UTC-7, Alex P wrote:
    Dear TCL Community,

Enjoy!
    Yes, weekly would be fine. And of course, no access for those Russian barbarians, as it is now.
    'Yes, weekly would be fine. And of course, no access for those Russian barbarians, as it is now.'
    Seriously??

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From heinrichmartin@21:1/5 to The Rickster on Thu Jul 27 00:22:34 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 9:12:39 PM UTC+2, The Rickster wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 11:09:39 AM UTC-7, Alex P wrote:
    Dear TCL Community,

Enjoy!
    'Yes, weekly would be fine. And of course, no access for those Russian barbarians, as it is now.'
    Seriously??

Be aware that it is unclear (at least for me) whether you are blaming/questioning the fact or the wording or the OT message.

What I can see is a community member who provides a useful service using company resources.
    That company might have policies for internal or external reasons.
    I appreciate the voluntary effort and will not blame the community member for any restriction.
    I have an opinion on the assumed case, but that's OT on clt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alex P@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 27 04:58:49 2023
    Seriously??

More than you could imagine.

I appreciate the voluntary effort and will not blame the community member for any restriction.
    I have an opinion on the assumed case, but that's OT on clt.

Why, it's little me who is blamed and as such restricted, community or not. Already not once and not twice. And imho it's not totally off-topic, as seen from the bird view which is not clt's, yes.

Anyhow, my voice is still the same: weekly updates would be more fit than nightly.
    Let's set aside the above stuff and vote, as Tombert proposed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Petro Kazmirchuk@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 8 01:55:33 2023
    so this is just vanilla Tcl/Tk builds? what's the point, when we already have Windows builds from Magicsplat, and on Linux you can simply get Tcl from your package manager?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tombert@21:1/5 to Petro Kazmirchuk on Tue Aug 8 08:43:10 2023
    On Tuesday, 8 August 2023 at 10:55:36 UTC+2, Petro Kazmirchuk wrote:
    so this is just vanilla Tcl/Tk builds? what's the point, when we already have Windows builds from Magicsplat, and on Linux you can simply get Tcl from your package manager?

Did you have a look at how old the builds from MagicSplat are? The last one is from December 2022.
    Builds from Linux distros barely get updated.

So in my naive assumption that TCL does active bug-fixing, I presumed that having more up-to-date builds would be welcome ...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05