• RadioButton TextColor

From Robert Pope@21:1/5 to Jean-Marie Berthiaume on Fri Jul 9 10:58:35 2021
    On Monday, June 7, 2004 at 10:08:37 PM UTC+10, Jean-Marie Berthiaume wrote:
    Sven,
    What I mean was it looks impossible to disable the XP theme of the radiobutton. The
    VO radiobutton don't respect the XP SetWindowTheme function which is suppose to
    work with controls.
    Sven Ebert a écrit :
    Jean-Marie,

What about oControl:DisableTheme() It's using the suppose normal XP behaviour
    method of
    SetWindowTheme(oControl:Handle(),"","") which as MSDN wrote it "Calling the
    SetWindowTheme function with empty strings causes the control to render without a visual style appearance."

But VO don't follow that rule.

Have you tested this?
    Is the result like you would expect under all conditions?

If yes, please forward this information to Paul.
    I am sure he would be very grateful about this.

Sven
    --
    Jean-Marie Berthiaume
    Montréal, Québec
    Attention. Enlever le premier . pour me rejoindre
    Please erase the first . to reply :
    (jie...@videotron.ca)

Replying for anyone else who stumbles across this thread (almost) 20 years later...

I got TextColor to work on a RadioButton by creating a subclass and calling SetWindowTheme(SELF:Handle(), "VO", "VO") in the Init() of the control. I don't know what the relevance of the strings are, but anything other than blank seems to work. I think I'
    m basically linking the control to a non-existent theme.

As suggested earlier in this thread, DisableTheme() didn't help nor did calling SetWindowTheme(SELF:Handle(), "", "").

If you are just seeing a white box after making that change, you've probably done what I did and have white text on a white background. I wasted an hour or so figuring that out. :(

Credit goes to this thread for making me think that it should work and keeping me chipping away at the problem until it worked: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31854015/changing-win32s-radio-button-text-color
    As it turned out, only the SetWindowTheme call was necessary.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)