• ReportPro 3 Hard Code

From danijel koprivnjak@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 30 02:37:16 2020
    Hi,
    does anyone use ReportPro 3 whitout RP designer to display images in a report?.All existing samples refer to ReportPro 2 (rpPrinter and method DrawBMP or _DrawBMP). All reports created in RPdesigner work fine with images (jpg,bmp etc) unfortunately for
    one report I must to use hard code report. I will appreciate any help and example.
    Of course it is very urgent as always.

Best Wish
    Danijel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Phil McGuinness@21:1/5 to danijel.k...@gmail.com on Wed Dec 30 04:35:54 2020
    Danijel

snip[ one report I must to use hard code report. ]

I wrote an article / some articles and only use Hand coded reports with Rp2 .. I did work to get RP3 working for Craig Dawson and think I wrote and article on this also but eons ago.
    Have not touched RP3 for probably 10 years.

In VO2.5 looking at old repo.. cannot find the AEFS..

See: Report Pro 3 Handcoded by Oscar Sneider / Erik Visser / Phil McGuinness

looks like we used CLASSMATE....

LOCAL oMainWindow AS StandardShellWindow

SetDefault( "%CavoSamplesRootDir%\Explorer\")
    //
    RDDSETDEFAULT("DBFCDX") // This changes the Memo ext from .dbv / .dbt to .fpt
    //
    cmGUIDLLInit() // Initialise Class Mate GUI
    ReportProInit() // Intialise REPORTPRO
    //
    oMainWindow := StandardShellWindow{SELF}
    oMainWindow:Show(SHOWCENTERED)
    //
    SELF:Exec()

METHOD Report CLASS StandardShellWindow

LOCAL oReport AS ReportServer
    LOCAL lDirect2Printer AS LOGIC

oReport := CreateInstance( #ReportServer, #RPro_Hard_Coded, SELF)
    //
    lDirect2Printer := FALSE // preview first
    oReport:Landscape := TRUE
    oReport:StartPrinting( lDirect2Printer )

There was a trick to get the handle by Eric and Oscar and I did my stuff from there in technique.
    METHOD Init( symPrintServer, oVOOwner ) CLASS ReportServer
    // Code segments by Erik Visser - "info@wilg.nl" + Phil McGuinness - "sherlock@sherlock.com.au"
    IF ! IsNil( oVOOwner )
    _oOwner := cWindow{} // Create the CM cWindow{} class
    _oOwner:hWnd := oVOOwner:Handle() // Plug out VO hanfle into the handle of the CM cWindow.
    ENDIF
    _oPrinter := cPrinter{ _oOwner } // Create the CM cPrinter{} class with substituted handle
    _oPrinter:previewmodal := TRUE
    // ---- create our Handcoded "RPro_Hard_Coded" class
    _oForm := CreateInstance( symPrintServer, oVOOwner )
    _oForm:Printer := _oPrinter // Plug in our CM cPrinter to our Report class.
    _oPrinter:PrintServer := _oForm // Plug in our Report object to cPrinter / Printserver
    //
    RETURN SELF

Looks like standard hand code report from there...

Sorry so long ago..... hope this helps that it is possible.

Phil McGuinness
    ==========

On Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 9:37:17 PM UTC+11, danijel.k...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi,
    does anyone use ReportPro 3 whitout RP designer to display images in a report?.All existing samples refer to ReportPro 2 (rpPrinter and method DrawBMP or _DrawBMP). All reports created in RPdesigner work fine with images (jpg,bmp etc) unfortunately for
    one report I must to use hard code report. I will appreciate any help and example.
    Of course it is very urgent as always.

Best Wish
    Danijel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Phil McGuinness@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 30 04:42:58 2020
    Danijel

Craig Dawson site....
    I did the original RP3 work.. I think Oscar magazine published by Rp2 and small article in RP3.
    The trick with the handle to the report object was based on Eric and Oscars work.

I never used RP3 commercially but explored by Rp2 work I still use to get handcoded to work.

Craig tuned the original work into what ever form for for his commercial apps and still uses it.

http://www.control.net.au/VO%20Tools%20and%20Resources.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From danijel koprivnjak@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 30 10:38:18 2020
    Dana srijeda, 30. prosinca 2020. u 13:43:00 UTC+1 korisnik Phil McGuinness napisao je:
    Danijel

Craig Dawson site....
    I did the original RP3 work.. I think Oscar magazine published by Rp2 and small article in RP3.
    The trick with the handle to the report object was based on Eric and Oscars work.

I never used RP3 commercially but explored by Rp2 work I still use to get handcoded to work.

Craig tuned the original work into what ever form for for his commercial apps and still uses it.

Hi Phil,

thank you for your effort but all your examples are for rp2
    unfortunately they don’t benefit me. Rp3 use cPrinter with method DRAWIMAGE Even in the classmate example there is no explanation of how to start printing jpg, bmp,png
    Whatever I send I get nothing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From danijel koprivnjak@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 30 12:37:06 2020
    Dana srijeda, 30. prosinca 2020. u 19:38:19 UTC+1 korisnik danijel koprivnjak napisao je:
    Dana srijeda, 30. prosinca 2020. u 13:43:00 UTC+1 korisnik Phil McGuinness napisao je:
    Danijel

Craig Dawson site....

Hi Phil,

unfortunately they don’t benefit me. Rp3 use cPrinter with method DRAWIMAGE
    Even in the classmate example there is no explanation of how to start printing jpg, bmp,png

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From danijel koprivnjak@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 30 12:39:15 2020
    Dana srijeda, 30. prosinca 2020. u 19:38:19 UTC+1 korisnik danijel koprivnjak napisao je:
    Danijel

Craig Dawson site....

Hi Phil,

unfortunately they don’t benefit me. Rp3 use cPrinter with method DRAWIMAGE
    Even in the classmate example there is no explanation of how to start printing jpg, bmp,png

problem solved
    when I’m in a hurry then I think with my ass, I forgot to use classmate class cImage
    thx

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05