• Monkey gibberish

From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 20 13:19:21 2021
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

.then(res => res.arrayBuffer())
    .then(ArrayBuffer => ctx.decodeAudioData(ArrayBuffer));

Specifically
    .then =>
    Is there another way to write it that may not be gibberish?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From luserdroog@21:1/5 to jonas.t...@gmail.com on Mon Dec 20 15:00:18 2021
    On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 3:19:41 PM UTC-6, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

Specifically
    .then =>

I think this is the new fad called "monadic sequencing". If I'm right, the above
    can be translated into:

var x = res.arrayBuffer(); //only it won't be called "res", but the name of the previous result
    var y = ctx.decodeAudioData(x);

Or even:

ctx.decodeAudioData( res.arrayBuffer() ); //again, "res" isn't the correct name here

It's just a sequence of functions "arg=> expression" where the result of one
    is passed as the argument to the next. You can do the same thing with a series of temporary variables or by composing all the expressions into one massive expression.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jon Ribbens@21:1/5 to luserdroog on Mon Dec 20 23:34:36 2021
    On 2021-12-20, luserdroog <luser.droog@gmail.com> wrote:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain
    this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

Specifically
    .then =>

I think this is the new fad called "monadic sequencing". If I'm right,
    the above can be translated into:

var x = res.arrayBuffer(); //only it won't be called "res", but the name of the previous result

Or even:

ctx.decodeAudioData( res.arrayBuffer() ); //again, "res" isn't the correct name here

It's just a sequence of functions "arg=> expression" where the result
    of one is passed as the argument to the next. You can do the same
    thing with a series of temporary variables or by composing all the expressions into one massive expression.

The important bit you didn't mention is that it's dealing with Promises.
    So you can't do either of the things you suggest above. If you're in an
    async function you could do this however:

const audioData = await ctx.decodeAudioData(await res.arrayBuffer())

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arno Welzel@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 13:41:12 2021
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

Just because you don't know every detail about JavaScript does not mean
    that this is "gibberish".

See:

<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Promise>

--
    Arno Welzel
    https://arnowelzel.de

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Natural Philosopher@21:1/5 to Arno Welzel on Tue Dec 21 15:40:59 2021
    On 21/12/2021 12:41, Arno Welzel wrote:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Promise>

And remember that te primary purpose of extending computer languages is to
    - make yourself look smart
    - sell text books
    - sell training courses
    - make people who don't buy the above effectively redundant, as they can
    no longer understand your code.

The fact that async syntax in JavaShite is total utter crap, is, in this context, an advantage. I mean what tosser invented 'promise' ?

I guess it was some millennial snoflake who once saw the term,
    'master-slave' in a textbook ' and 'male plug female socket' in a parts catalogue and was so embarrassed and shamed that he/she/it had to scrape
    the linguistic barrel for a non offensive LBGT, a-racial non culturally offensive way of describing a future token. I mean christmasCard?
    Religion arrgh!

Wait for the response ILiedAboutThePromise...

--
    “It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
    authorities are wrong.”

― Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 10:00:51 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 13:41:21 UTC+1 skrev Arno Welzel:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

--
    Arno Welzel
    Yeah precisely those things have no importance for the user and should not have part of the syntax, its moronic.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 10:21:02 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 19:00:58 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>
    Just because you don't know every detail about JavaScript does not mean that this is "gibberish".

See:

--
    Arno Welzel
    Yeah precisely those things have no importance for the user and should not have part of the syntax, its moronic.
    This anal specification of things that the user do not care about drives me nuts, what the user want it functions. get buffersize, set buffsize, get stream, set streams.
    The language start to look like shit and is completly unreadable, without spending a year reading the manual.
    Make things *OBVIOUS* not *CONVOLUTED*

I start to think about it is a reason for selling courses learning shit paradigms that noone really cares about "beyond their implementation reasons", and i repeat the user "programmer" do not fucking care about that shit unless he is an anal retarded
    monkey who thrives learning throw together shit that are just string concatinations.

Fucking soon some bastard have translated the whole language to regexp expressions, that should be used. And you need to learn E-macs to edit the "expressions".
    Then the anal monkeys finally satified with laying a groundwork that make pearl look like natural language.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 10:26:53 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 19:21:07 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>
    Just because you don't know every detail about JavaScript does not mean that this is "gibberish".

See:

--
    Arno Welzel
    This anal specification of things that the user do not care about drives me nuts, what the user want it functions. get buffersize, set buffsize, get stream, set streams.
    The language start to look like shit and is completly unreadable, without spending a year reading the manual.

I start to think about it is a reason for selling courses learning shit paradigms that noone really cares about "beyond their implementation reasons", and i repeat the user "programmer" do not fucking care about that shit unless he is an anal retarded
    monkey who thrives learning throw together shit that are just string concatinations.

Fucking soon some bastard have translated the whole language to regexp expressions, that should be used. And you need to learn E-macs to edit the "expressions".
    Then the anal monkeys finally satified with laying a groundwork that make pearl look like natural language.
    Yeah i really start to think it is a reason for selling courses, and make you have to hire a certified "webmechanic" to make a homepage that say hello world.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 12:24:34 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 19:26:57 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

--
    Arno Welzel

I start to think about it is a reason for selling courses learning shit paradigms that noone really cares about "beyond their implementation reasons", and i repeat the user "programmer" do not fucking care about that shit unless he is an anal
    retarded monkey who thrives learning throw together shit that are just string concatinations.

Yeah i really start to think it is a reason for selling courses, and make you have to hire a certified "webmechanic" to make a homepage that say hello world.
    Program languages are help to formulate ideas to specify the nuts and bolts "of the idea", anything that do not help out with the problem formulation and get the answer is just of no use.
    Specify the nuts and bolt of some meta vocabulary can not be the main idea behind a language construct.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 15:08:12 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 21:24:40 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

--
    Arno Welzel

I start to think about it is a reason for selling courses learning shit paradigms that noone really cares about "beyond their implementation reasons", and i repeat the user "programmer" do not fucking care about that shit unless he is an anal
    retarded monkey who thrives learning throw together shit that are just string concatinations.

Program languages are help to formulate ideas to specify the nuts and bolts "of the idea", anything that do not help out with the problem formulation and get the answer is just of no use.
    Specify the nuts and bolt of some meta vocabulary can not be the main idea behind a language construct.

Fuck i even do not want to write that code, it make me look anal retarded to.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 15:06:22 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 21:24:40 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

--
    Arno Welzel

Changing the volume of a sound
    One of the most basic operations you might want to do to a sound is change its volume. Using the Web Audio API, we can route our source to its destination through an GainNode in order to manipulate the volume:

Audio graph with a gain node
    This connection setup can be achieved as follows:

// Create a gain node.
    var gainNode = context.createGain();
    // Connect the source to the gain node.
    source.connect(gainNode);
    // Connect the gain node to the destination. gainNode.connect(context.destination);

***Fuck such morons***

After the graph has been set up, you can programmatically change the volume by manipulating the gainNode.gain.value as follows:
    // Reduce the volume.
    gainNode.gain.value = 0.5;
    The following is a demo of a volume control implemented with an <input type="range"> element:
    gainNode.gain.value = 0.5;

*** It is retarded createGain.....Connect wave to gain node LoL***
    ***bwahahaha the little retarded anal monkeys just can't help themself can they.***

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arno Welzel@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 10:31:04 2021
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Jonas Thörnvall:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to
    explain this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

.then(res => res.arrayBuffer()) .then(ArrayBuffer =>
    ctx.decodeAudioData(ArrayBuffer));

Specifically .then => Is there another way to write it that may
    not be gibberish?
    Just because you don't know every detail about JavaScript does not
    mean that this is "gibberish".

See:

[...]
    Yeah precisely those things have no importance for the user and
    should not have part of the syntax, its moronic.

They are not for "users" but for softwar developers.

--
    Arno Welzel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arno Welzel@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 10:30:30 2021
    The Natural Philosopher:

Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

And remember that te primary purpose of extending computer languages is to
    - make yourself look smart
    - sell text books
    - sell training courses

If you don't like this - don't use JavaScript. It may not be the right
    thing for you.

The fact that async syntax in JavaShite is total utter crap, is, in this context, an advantage. I mean what tosser invented 'promise' ?

Friedman, Daniel and David Wise coined the term "promise" about 1976.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_and_promises>

"Scheme" which was invented 1975 also implements the concept of promises eventhough it was not named like that back then:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheme_(programming_language)>

JavaScript re-discovered this in the late 2000s when asyncronous
    execution of code became the de-facto standard for web based
    applications. Promises as they are known today are usable in most
    browsers since about 2014, so they are not really new there either.

'master-slave' in a textbook ' and 'male plug female socket' in a parts
    [...]

I wouldn't call people who where already adults in 1970ies "milennial snowflakes".

--
    Arno Welzel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arno Welzel@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 10:33:54 2021
    Jonas Thörnvall:

[...]
    Fuck i even do not want to write that code, it make me look anal
    retarded to.
    But i guess i must...

Why? Do you get paid for what you do?

--
    Arno Welzel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Natural Philosopher@21:1/5 to Arno Welzel on Wed Dec 22 12:05:15 2021
    On 22/12/2021 09:30, Arno Welzel wrote:
    The Natural Philosopher:

Jonas Thörnvall:

Specifically
    .then =>

See:

And remember that te primary purpose of extending computer languages is to >> - make yourself look smart
    - sell text books
    - sell training courses

If you don't like this - don't use JavaScript. It may not be the right
    thing for you.

I have to use it for what want to do, but that doesn't stop me thinking
    its utter crap designed by computer scientists to be as obfuscatory as possible...

The fact that async syntax in JavaShite is total utter crap, is, in this
    context, an advantage. I mean what tosser invented 'promise' ?

Friedman, Daniel and David Wise coined the term "promise" about 1976.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_and_promises>

Fucking American academic compscis the lot of them. I might have
    guessed, Today's academics breed tomorrows snoflakes

God, they even have lefty beards!

"Scheme" which was invented 1975 also implements the concept of promises eventhough it was not named like that back then:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheme_(programming_language)>

JavaScript re-discovered this in the late 2000s when asyncronous
    execution of code became the de-facto standard for web based
    applications. Promises as they are known today are usable in most
    browsers since about 2014, so they are not really new there either.
    I am still not sure it is a decent way to either implement
    asynchronicity, or represent it in a language.

'master-slave' in a textbook ' and 'male plug female socket' in a parts
    [...]

I wouldn't call people who where already adults in 1970ies "milennial snowflakes".

Ok "20th century compSci snoflakes"

--
    Of what good are dead warriors? … Warriors are those who desire battle
    more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump
    their spears on the ground and talk of honor. Those who leap high the
    battle dance and dream of glory … The good of dead warriors, Mother, is
    that they are dead.
    Sheri S Tepper: The Awakeners.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 03:34:24 2021
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 10:31:11 UTC+1 skrev Arno Welzel:
    Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

not be gibberish?

See:

[...]
    --
    Arno Welzel
    Oh my bad i thought the programmer used the language to implement ideas.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 03:41:43 2021
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 12:34:29 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 10:31:11 UTC+1 skrev Arno Welzel:
    Jonas Thörnvall:
    Jonas Thörnvall:

not be gibberish?

See:

[...]
    --
    Arno Welzel
    Oh my bad i thought the programmer used the language to implement ideas.
    Oh now i get it its the language programmer that use the language to create customers for his new book or new certificate, it is not a production tool to implement ideas that is selexplanatory first you should learn an hierarchy of gibberish to be able
    to use it.

Frankly audio does not have that many properties.
    channels
    frequensy resolution
    bit resolution
    volume

And then you want the streams to have a name so they can be identified
    But no, you have to connect the volume to the stream.......
    But first you have to create a volume connected to a node.......

They are imbecills at best.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arno Welzel@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 17:12:40 2021
    Jonas Thörnvall:

Oh now i get it its the language programmer that use the language to
    create customers for his new book or new certificate, it is not a
    production tool to implement ideas that is selexplanatory first you
    should learn an hierarchy of gibberish to be able to use it.

It isn't. I earn my money by developing software - for more than 30
    years now. And I don't get paid for complaining about languages but for providing working software to customers.

--
    Arno Welzel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Harris@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 18:26:03 2021
    On 22/12/2021 11:41, Jonas Thörnvall wrote:

<snip>
    channels
    frequensy resolution
    bit resolution
    volume

We've told you before, if you copy someone else's code you have to put
    up with the peculiar way they did it. It's not the fault of the
    programming language.

John

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 12:05:18 2021
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 19:26:11 UTC+1 skrev John Harris:

<snip>
    channels
    frequensy resolution
    bit resolution
    volume

We've told you before, if you copy someone else's code you have to put
    up with the peculiar way they did it. It's not the fault of the
    programming language.

John
    Unfortunately i think that gainNode object is mandatory if you want to change volume of stream....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 12:26:42 2021
    tisdag 21 december 2021 kl. 00:34:44 UTC+1 skrev Jon Ribbens:
    On 2021-12-20, luserdroog <luser...@gmail.com> wrote:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain
    this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

Specifically
    .then =>

I think this is the new fad called "monadic sequencing". If I'm right,
    the above can be translated into:

Or even:

thing with a series of temporary variables or by composing all the expressions into one massive expression.
    The important bit you didn't mention is that it's dealing with Promises.
    So you can't do either of the things you suggest above. If you're in an
    async function you could do this however:

Why can't i do this.
    const audiostream = new AudioContext();

async function audioPlay(url){
    const audioBuffer = await fetch(url)
    .then(ArrayBuffer => audiostream.decodeAudioData(ArrayBuffer));
    const playwav = audiostream.createBufferSource();
    var gainNode = audiostream.createGain();
    gainNode.gain.value = -0.1;
    playwav.buffer = audioBuffer;
    playwav.connect(audiostream.destination);
    playwav.start();
    };

or this to set volume

playwav.start();
    };

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 12:32:58 2021
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 21:26:47 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain >> this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

Specifically
    .then =>

I think this is the new fad called "monadic sequencing". If I'm right, the above can be translated into:

Or even:

The important bit you didn't mention is that it's dealing with Promises. So you can't do either of the things you suggest above. If you're in an async function you could do this however:

Why can't i do this.

playwav.start();
    };

or this to set volume

playwav.start();
    };
    I mean using .start() with an volume parameter, is what any none anal person would do.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Jonas_Th=C3=B6rnvall?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 22 12:53:49 2021
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 21:33:03 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain >> this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

Specifically
    .then =>

I think this is the new fad called "monadic sequencing". If I'm right, the above can be translated into:

Or even:

It's just a sequence of functions "arg=> expression" where the result of one is passed as the argument to the next. You can do the same thing with a series of temporary variables or by composing all the expressions into one massive expression.
    The important bit you didn't mention is that it's dealing with Promises. So you can't do either of the things you suggest above. If you're in an async function you could do this however:

Why can't i do this.

playwav.start();
    };

or this to set volume

playwav.start();
    };
    I mean using .start() with an volume parameter, is what any none anal person would do.
    How many models do a programming language need, if you can write the code in a dousins of ways, it will be hard to read without a manual.
    Why did they not just do something like
    playwav.setVolume(-0.5);

Why invent a hierarchy of idioties to write to set the volume?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arno Welzel@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 23 02:37:35 2021
    Jonas Thörnvall:

onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 19:26:11 UTC+1 skrev John Harris:

<snip>
    Frankly audio does not have that many properties. channels
    frequensy resolution bit resolution volume

And then you want the streams to have a name so they can be
    identified But no, you have to connect the volume to the
    stream....... But first you have to create a volume connected to
    a node.......

We've told you before, if you copy someone else's code you have to
    put up with the peculiar way they did it. It's not the fault of the
    programming language.

John
    Unfortunately i think that gainNode object is mandatory if you want
    to change volume of stream....

Using this does not neet "monkey gibberish":

<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/BaseAudioContext/createGain#example>

--
    Arno Welzel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Natural Philosopher@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 23 12:15:21 2021
    On 22/12/2021 20:53, Jonas Thörnvall wrote:
    onsdag 22 december 2021 kl. 21:33:03 UTC+1 skrev Jonas Thörnvall:
    I have a bit hard to read monkey gibberish, is there a way to explain >>>>>> this to someone who is not fullfledged retarded?

Specifically
    .then =>

I think this is the new fad called "monadic sequencing". If I'm right, >>>>> the above can be translated into:

Or even:

It's just a sequence of functions "arg=> expression" where the result >>>>> of one is passed as the argument to the next. You can do the same
    thing with a series of temporary variables or by composing all the
    expressions into one massive expression.
    The important bit you didn't mention is that it's dealing with Promises. >>>> So you can't do either of the things you suggest above. If you're in an >>>> async function you could do this however:

Why can't i do this.

playwav.start();
    };

or this to set volume

playwav.start();
    };
    How many models do a programming language need, if you can write the code in a dousins of ways, it will be hard to read without a manual.
    Why did they not just do something like
    playwav.setVolume(-0.5);

Why invent a hierarchy of idioties to write to set the volume?

Because Object Orientation Is Kewl and plebs like you dont understand it
    so they get your job.

--
    "In our post-modern world, climate science is not powerful because it is
    true: it is true because it is powerful."

Lucas Bergkamp

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05