• Problems with Pell's base state.

From aaronngray@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 8 06:39:06 2021
    When trying out Pell Jared Reich's minimal JavaScript editor, and adding undo/redo to the button bar, I have came across a base state inconsistency that appears wth different behavoiur on different browsers.

I have folked it here for testing and possible browser dependant fix :-

https://github.com/AaronNGray/pell

@Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn , Hi again after all these years, I was wondering if you might be able to work out how to make this domain behave consistently.
    Basically if you enter a character it enters that character before adding <p></p>, but an undo then exposes this removing the <p></p> before another undo leaves just the first character.
    Use paragraph <p> mode you get horizontal offset issues which can result in a physical offset followed by on more undos a <br>.
    It would be good to document these behaviours and lodge them as an issue or issues for each browser on Pell's GitHub account issues.

Seeing as there are different behaviours on different browsers and the pell's functionality on top which is minimal AFAICS.
    a) I am wondering if there are browser specific work arounds by initialization with the right innerHTML string and also the right text cursor selection position.
    b) Also I am thinking if it would be a good idea to do issues for each of the browsers to a consistent state.
    c) What does W3C document on this ?

Hope some light can be shed upon this.

Aaron

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)