• How come sometimes it works, sometimes I get "LoadError Message" ev

From Robert Klemme@21:1/5 to viper11@gmail.com on Fri Apr 22 23:42:11 2016
    On 22.04.2016 22:29, viper11@gmail.com wrote:

uh, you need to learn more about the terminal and commands...this is unrelated to ruby. Pay attention to your prompt, as it tells you
    where you are. Consider making a custom colorful prompt to clearly
    show what directory you are in. Of course all the commands targeting
    *.rb files stopped working after you Changed Directory (cd) into
    mystuff...

Even worse: there are two directories with the same name and they are
    nested.

robert

--
    remember.guy do |as, often| as.you_can - without end http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From viper11@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Cai Gengyang on Fri Apr 22 13:29:03 2016
    On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 6:14:55 AM UTC-4, Cai Gengyang wrote:
    Not sure why this is the case but I sometimes keep getting the same message "ruby: No such file or directory -- ex25.rb (LoadError)" or "ruby: No such file or directory -- ex24.rb (LoadError)"even though I have followed exactly the same steps given in
    the instruction manual.

For example, i could get exercise 24 to work properly for a few times, but then later on when I typed it in again, it doesn't work. I couldn't get ex25. to work though. I have attached my Terminal input and output expressions here. Its weird, as you
    can see sometimes ex24 works, sometimes it gives the error message even though i do exactly the same thing ...

CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:~ CaiGengYang$ mkdir mystuff
    mkdir: mystuff: File exists
    CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:~ CaiGengYang$ cd mystuff CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex1.rb
    Hello World!
    Hello Again
    I like typing this.
    This is fun.
    Yay! Printing.
    I'd much rather you 'not'.
    I "said" do not touch this.
    CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex24.rb
    Let's practice everything.
    You'd need to know 'bout escapes with \ that do \n newlines and \t tabs. --------------
    The lovely world
    with logic so firmly planted
    cannot discern
    the needs of love
    nor comprehend passion from intuition
    and requires an explanation

where there is none.
    --------------
    This should be five: 5
    With a starting point of: 10000
    We'd have 5000000 beans, 5000 jars, and 50 crates. CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex24.rb
    Let's practice everything.
    You'd need to know 'bout escapes with \ that do \n newlines and \t tabs. --------------
    The lovely world
    with logic so firmly planted
    cannot discern
    the needs of love
    nor comprehend passion from intuition
    and requires an explanation

where there is none.
    --------------
    This should be five: 5
    With a starting point of: 10000
    We'd have 5000000 beans, 5000 jars, and 50 crates. CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ mkdir mystuff
    CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ cd mystuff CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb
    ruby: No such file or directory -- ex25.rb (LoadError) CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex24.rb
    ruby: No such file or directory -- ex24.rb (LoadError) CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex24.rb
    ruby: No such file or directory -- ex24.rb (LoadError) CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ mkdir mystuff
    CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ cd mystuff CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex24.rb
    ruby: No such file or directory -- ex24.rb (LoadError) CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex25.rb
    ruby: No such file or directory -- ex25.rb (LoadError) CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$ ruby ex1.rb
    ruby: No such file or directory -- ex1.rb (LoadError) CaiGengYangs-MacBook-Pro:mystuff CaiGengYang$

uh, you need to learn more about the terminal and commands...this is unrelated to ruby. Pay attention to your prompt, as it tells you where you are. Consider making a custom colorful prompt to clearly show what directory you are in. Of course all the
    commands targeting *.rb files stopped working after you Changed Directory (cd) into mystuff...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)