From Troy Jacobs@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 12 15:43:56 2022
I'm relatively new to programming with Ada, and as I've been learning the language I decided to try making a simple 2D game with it to apply what I learn about Ada. After unsuccessfully attempting to make my own binding to SDL2, I decided to simply use
the SDLAda package because it seemed well put together.
However, I've been running into this issue while trying to render text where the program fails at runtime because it failed to load the font. I've been desperately scouring the web & my code for a solution ever since to no avail. As I am newish to Ada, I
don't know the GNAT tools well enough to pinpoint what could be causing the problem.
Below is my .gpr file, Ada source file, and the message produced when I try to run it through Alire.
project Coolgame1 is
for Source_Dirs use ("src/", "config/");
for Object_Dir use "obj/" & Coolgame1_Config.Build_Profile;
for Create_Missing_Dirs use "True";
for Exec_Dir use "bin";
for Main use ("coolgame1.adb");
package Compiler is
for Default_Switches ("Ada") use Coolgame1_Config.Ada_Compiler_Switches;
package Linker is
for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-lSDL2", "-lSDL2_ttf");
package Binder is
for Switches ("Ada") use ("-Es"); -- Symbolic traceback
From Troy Jacobs@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 13 02:52:31 2022
Note: This post was originally posted on r/Ada, but I copied it here when the post I made was removed automatically. I didn't realized that they block your post before letting it go up (I assume so someone can review it first.) You may wish to join the
discussion there instead. Apologies for this.