• A few question about learning c++

From rabbit rabbit@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 21 06:07:16 2021
    I know this place from the book 《More Effective C++》.I heard from that book that there are many c++ experts here and I would like to ask for help on the following questions .Sincere thanks everyone .* is followed by the name of the question and - is
    followed by some details

* Where is the best c++ forum in the world right now
    - The two places(comp.lang.c++.moderated,comp.std.c++) mentioned in that book have been unattended for a long time, and the most recent reply is in 2016. emmmmmm, I know my information is a bit outdated,so that is reason why i am asking this foolish
    question. Is it right here or on StackOverflow or somewhere else?

* Where can I learn about the latest features of C++14/17/20?
    -The latest book I have read is 《C++ primer》,but it only talks about some features of C++11. I would like to know if there are any good books or videos that can help me learn the latest C++ features.

* Do I need to change my reading books?
    - The three books I am currently reading are 《Effective c++》,《More Effective C++》and 《The Annotated STL Sources》,After reading for a while, I found that these three books are too old, some of the C++ features mentioned in them are out of
    date, should I continue reading or find some new books. If I should find new books, then do you have any recommendations for books?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Manfred@21:1/5 to rabbit rabbit on Thu Oct 21 16:55:08 2021
    On 10/21/2021 3:07 PM, rabbit rabbit wrote:
    * Where can I learn about the latest features of C++14/17/20?
    -The latest book I have read is 《C++ primer》,but it only talks about some features of C++11. I would like to know if there are any good books or videos that can help me learn the latest C++ features.

* Do I need to change my reading books?
    - The three books I am currently reading are 《Effective c++》,《More Effective C++》and 《The Annotated STL Sources》,After reading for a while, I found that these three books are too old, some of the C++ features mentioned in them are out of
    date, should I continue reading or find some new books. If I should find new books, then do you have any recommendations for books?

That is one decent list:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Juha Nieminen@21:1/5 to rabbit rabbit on Fri Oct 22 04:50:35 2021
    rabbit rabbit <1604456428@qq.com> wrote:
    - The three books I am currently reading are ???Effective c++?????????More Effective C++???and ???The Annotated STL Sources???,After reading for a while, I found that these three books are too old, some of the C++ features mentioned in them are out of

You should most definitely not stop reading them. They do not get old, and contain some of the best advice for C++ programming.

The author has also written a new book for C++11, so you could get that
    in addition to those.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05