• Announcing Reference Standard M (RSM)

From David Wicksell@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 29 11:29:20 2020
    Hello everyone,

Reference Standard M is an evolution of Mumps V1, the M implementation by Raymond Douglas Newman. Ray retired and officially transferred development and maintenance of Mumps V1 to me earlier this year. I changed the name to reflect my goals of having a
    fully up-to-date reference implementation of the M standard, which is simple to use, yet robust and performant enough for use as a small to medium sized system in production.

The current release is V1.73.0, and can be downloaded at (or cloned from) https://gitlab.com/Reference-Standard-M/rsm. I have made significant progress on the implementation, adding support for 32 character names, improving robustness, adding many
    quality-of-life improvements, and much more.

RSM also has a branch, named `m-2021-standard`, dedicated to implementing the MDC Type A extensions that the MDC passed in the late 90s, but never made it in to the standard, as well as any new extensions or standards the MDC releases in the future. This
    branch is part of how RSM will be used as a reference implementation for the MDC. It currently has nine extensions implemented, including `set $qsubscript`.

Thank you,
    David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From K.S. Bhaskar@21:1/5 to David Wicksell on Tue Dec 29 14:11:40 2020
    On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 2:29:21 PM UTC-5, David Wicksell wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Reference Standard M is an evolution of Mumps V1, the M implementation by Raymond Douglas Newman. Ray retired and officially transferred development and maintenance of Mumps V1 to me earlier this year. I changed the name to reflect my goals of having a
    fully up-to-date reference implementation of the M standard, which is simple to use, yet robust and performant enough for use as a small to medium sized system in production.

The current release is V1.73.0, and can be downloaded at (or cloned from) https://gitlab.com/Reference-Standard-M/rsm. I have made significant progress on the implementation, adding support for 32 character names, improving robustness, adding many

RSM also has a branch, named `m-2021-standard`, dedicated to implementing the MDC Type A extensions that the MDC passed in the late 90s, but never made it in to the standard, as well as any new extensions or standards the MDC releases in the future.
    This branch is part of how RSM will be used as a reference implementation for the MDC. It currently has nine extensions implemented, including `set $qsubscript`.

Thank you,
    David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC

Congratulations, David!

Regards
    – Bhaskar

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Wicksell@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 29 14:44:47 2020
    Thank you.

David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Terry Wiechmann@21:1/5 to David Wicksell on Thu Dec 31 08:17:58 2020
    On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 2:29:21 PM UTC-5, David Wicksell wrote:
    Hello everyone,

RSM also has a branch, named `m-2021-standard`, dedicated to implementing the MDC Type A extensions that the MDC passed in the late 90s, but never made it in to the standard, as well as any new extensions or standards the MDC releases in the future.
    This branch is part of how RSM will be used as a reference implementation for the MDC. It currently has nine extensions implemented, including `set $qsubscript`.

Thank you,
    David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC
    Great job David - looking forward to continue working with you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Wicksell@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 31 10:59:34 2020
    Thank you Terry, likewise!

--
    David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Fl=C3=A1vio_Fornazier?=@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 8 16:37:44 2021
    Congratulations Mr.David and thanks to Mr.Ray for all those years of efforts. Finally, he freed himself of OZ. =)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05