• Synchronous and Asynchronous Event Processing in M

From chocolatejollis38@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 21 14:50:28 2021
    I have written a blog post explaining FreeM's implementation of synchronous (MWAPI) event handling and asynchronous (MDC Type A extension proposal X11/1998-28) event handling. It may be of use to folx who aren't entirely clear on what these mechanisms do,
    what they are for, and how they interact with each other and the rest of a bustling M system. I welcome any and all feedback.

https://youngmumpster.wordpress.com/2021/12/21/event-handling-in-freem/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Fl=C3=A1vio_Fornazier?=@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 31 11:02:44 2021
    Em terça-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2021 às 19:50:29 UTC-3, chocolat...@gmail.com escreveu:
    I have written a blog post explaining FreeM's implementation of synchronous (MWAPI) event handling and asynchronous (MDC Type A extension proposal X11/1998-28) event handling. It may be of use to folx who aren't entirely clear on what these mechanisms
    do, what they are for, and how they interact with each other and the rest of a bustling M system. I welcome any and all feedback.

Hi all!

Interesting article!

The site was out of service, I'm trying download FreeM now, I really didn't know that MWAPI was implemented.

Happy 2022! =)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From chocolatejollis38@gmail.com@21:1/5 to flaviof...@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 1 10:54:23 2022
    On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 12:02:45 PM UTC-7, flaviof...@hotmail.com wrote:
    Em terça-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2021 às 19:50:29 UTC-3, chocolat...@gmail.com escreveu:
    I have written a blog post explaining FreeM's implementation of synchronous (MWAPI) event handling and asynchronous (MDC Type A extension proposal X11/1998-28) event handling. It may be of use to folx who aren't entirely clear on what these
    mechanisms do, what they are for, and how they interact with each other and the rest of a bustling M system. I welcome any and all feedback.

Hi all!

Interesting article!

The site was out of service, I'm trying download FreeM now, I really didn't know that MWAPI was implemented.

Happy 2022! =)

Hi there!

We had an extended power outage yesterday that caused the site to be down. Should be up now.

The MWAPI implementation is still very much a work in progress, and at this point can basically only display a blank window on the screen. But once some other issues in FreeM are ironed out, I'll be back on MWAPI work again. It really tests an
    implementation's robustness and reveals its weaknesses--those weaknesses are the items I'm working on currently.

FreeM is fun to play with, and I do intend to bring it up to production readiness, but it's still quite rough around the edges at this point! I appreciate any and all feedback, of course.

Let me know if you have any issues in downloading and building it. If you look on the "Community" tab of the website, we have a public Discord if you're interested in realtime (or near realtime) discussion about issues or general chat about the software.

I'd also like to call attention to Reference Standard M (RSM). It's another implementation that is much more production-ready at this point, and is rock-solid.

Thank you for your interest!
    John

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Fl=C3=A1vio_Fornazier?=@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 9 14:59:27 2022
    Em sábado, 1 de janeiro de 2022 às 15:54:24 UTC-3, chocolat...@gmail.com escreveu:
    On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 12:02:45 PM UTC-7, flaviof...@hotmail.com wrote:
    I have written a blog post explaining FreeM's implementation of synchronous (MWAPI) event handling and asynchronous (MDC Type A extension proposal X11/1998-28) event handling. It may be of use to folx who aren't entirely clear on what these
    mechanisms do, what they are for, and how they interact with each other and the rest of a bustling M system. I welcome any and all feedback.

Hi all!

Interesting article!

Happy 2022! =)
    Hi there!

We had an extended power outage yesterday that caused the site to be down. Should be up now.

The MWAPI implementation is still very much a work in progress, and at this point can basically only display a blank window on the screen. But once some other issues in FreeM are ironed out, I'll be back on MWAPI work again. It really tests an
    implementation's robustness and reveals its weaknesses--those weaknesses are the items I'm working on currently.

FreeM is fun to play with, and I do intend to bring it up to production readiness, but it's still quite rough around the edges at this point! I appreciate any and all feedback, of course.

Let me know if you have any issues in downloading and building it. If you look on the "Community" tab of the website, we have a public Discord if you're interested in realtime (or near realtime) discussion about issues or general chat about the
    software.

I'd also like to call attention to Reference Standard M (RSM). It's another implementation that is much more production-ready at this point, and is rock-solid.

Thank you for your interest!
    John

Hi Mr.John,

I already successfully downloaded and installed FreeM.

Thank you kindly for the extremely detailed information and for point me to the right direction.

Regards.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05