• Building Reference Standard M on Termux

From Seth Trojacek@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 15 11:18:39 2021
    Hello,
    I am currently trying to build Reference Standard M on Termux.
    I have done the following:

1. As Termux does not support 'sys/sem.h', I have used ack to replace the library with 'linux/sem.h', which Termux supports.
    2. I replaced values.h in the file "runtime/func.c" with the corresponding libraries of <float.h> and <limits.h> to be compatible with Termux.
    3. As Android does not support bzero, bcmp, or bcopy, I have created some defines to convert the operators to use their memcopy equivalents:
    #define bcmp(a,b,n) memcmp(a,b,n)
    #define bcopy(s, d, siz) memcpy((d), (s), (siz))
    #define bzero(d, siz) memset((d), '\0', (siz))

I am currently able to get the system to build, and am able to run the command: rsm -v TST -b 16 -s 4096 tst.dat
    From the examples, without any issue.
    However, after trying to run: rsm -j 12 tst.dat
    I get the error of: bad system call.

I believe once this error is fixed, RSM will be usable on the Termux platform. If someone is able to provide some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I am rather new to the Termux platform, and even more so to M/MUMPS, but I am happy to help out as best as I can, to have an M/MUMPS database running on Android.

Thank you,
    Seth

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Wicksell@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 16 10:58:21 2021
    Hi Seth,

I'm the developer and maintainer of RSM. I have never heard of Termux before, but I can see
    that it is an Android terminal emulator. If I have some time, after the holidays, maybe I can get
    an Android emulator going, and try to build and run RSM on that platform. But at the moment
    I have no access to such an environment to look at this. It currently builds and runs quite well on
    Mobian, another mobile phone platform, and it runs on multiple ARM chips without issue, so I
    agree with you that it should be able to run on Termux.

So again, if I have a chance to get such an environment up and running, either natively, or in an
    emulator, then I can get it working for you. But officially, that is not a supported platform for RSM
    at this time. Thank you for your interest in RSM. You can contact me directly if you have any
    questions.

David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)