• Re: MV1 Web Server on Arm-Raspi: config and setup

From David Wicksell@21:1/5 to Lazaro on Tue Dec 7 16:03:21 2021
    On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2:30:47 AM UTC-6, Lazaro wrote:
    I am exploring Mumps V1 for the first time.
    I spent several hours trying to start the server and establish communication with browser, but I can't.
    The J ^% WWW statement seems to have no effect (no error).
    I searched the distribution documentation in SourceForge, at comp.lang.mumps and couldn't find how to configure it.
    I only have experience in MSM about web page service, and in no other S.O. Linux.
    I don't know if I need to configure Apache, etc.
    Where can I find more extensive documentation?
    thanks Mumpsters !!

Hi Lazaro,

It's been a while, and you have probably already figured it out, but I'll post the answer here for anyone in the future.
    I am the developer and maintainer of Reference Standard M (RSM), the newest version of MUMPS V1. The ^%WWW
    entry point is hard-coded to port 80 in MV1, and port 80 (any port below 1024) requires root permission to bind to it.
    Additionally, MV1 doesn't handle that by returning an error message. RSM fixed that a while ago, so that you can call
    that entry point and pass it another port number, and if there is some sort of error, you'd also receive that error.

But if anyone is still using MV1, and has this issue, they can become root and then start the web server, or start it
    using sudo. I hope that helps someone.

David Wicksell
    Fourth Watch Software LC
    https://gitlab.com/Reference-Standard-M/rsm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)