• Cannot access global directory

From Luciano Muratore@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 27 02:46:28 2021
    Dears,

I have the following issue:

I have defined in the shell the Global DIrectory as:
    $ydb_gbldir=memory.gld
    $export ydb_gbldir.

When I try to do in the shell $ydb to access the YottaDB Application, I get the following error:

Error file is at /tmp/ydb_env_3163_9e7vEJ/err 150374122,Robustify+10^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-ZGBLDIRACC, Cannot access global directory /home/test/
    memory.gld. Cannot continue.,%SYSTEM-E-ENO2, No such file or direct ory
    $ZSTATUS="150374122,Robustify+10^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-ZGBLDIRACC, Cannot access global directory /home/
    test/memory.gld. Cannot continue.,%SYSTEM-E-ENO2, No such file or directory"
    /usr/local/lib/yottadb/r132/ydb: 19: /yottadb: not found

Can somebody explain what I did with the ydb_gbldir that now I cannot access the app?.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From K.S. Bhaskar@21:1/5 to Luciano Muratore on Mon Sep 27 06:33:10 2021
    On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 5:46:28 AM UTC-4, Luciano Muratore wrote:
    Dears,

I have defined in the shell the Global DIrectory as:
    $ydb_gbldir=memory.gld
    $export ydb_gbldir.

When I try to do in the shell $ydb to access the YottaDB Application, I get the following error:

Error file is at /tmp/ydb_env_3163_9e7vEJ/err 150374122,Robustify+10^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-ZGBLDIRACC, Cannot access global directory /home/test/memory.gld. Cannot continue.,%SYSTEM-E-ENO2, No such file or direct ory
    $ZSTATUS="150374122,Robustify+10^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-ZGBLDIRACC, Cannot access global directory /home/test/memory.gld. Cannot continue.,%SYSTEM-E-ENO2, No such file or directory"

Can somebody explain what I did with the ydb_gbldir that now I cannot access the app?.

Luciano –

You're flailing. Let me suggest going through the YottaDB Acculturation Guide (https://docs.yottadb.com/AcculturationGuide/). It was written for people just like you.

Regards
    – Bhaskar

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Luciano Muratore@21:1/5 to K.S. Bhaskar on Tue Sep 28 01:16:24 2021
    On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 3:33:11 PM UTC+2, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
    On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 5:46:28 AM UTC-4, Luciano Muratore wrote:
    Dears,

I have defined in the shell the Global DIrectory as: $ydb_gbldir=memory.gld
    $export ydb_gbldir.

Error file is at /tmp/ydb_env_3163_9e7vEJ/err 150374122,Robustify+10^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-ZGBLDIRACC, Cannot access global directory /home/test/memory.gld. Cannot continue.,%SYSTEM-E-ENO2, No such file or direct ory
    $ZSTATUS="150374122,Robustify+10^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-ZGBLDIRACC, Cannot access global directory /home/test/memory.gld. Cannot continue.,%SYSTEM-E-ENO2, No such file or directory"

Luciano –

You're flailing. Let me suggest going through the YottaDB Acculturation Guide (https://docs.yottadb.com/AcculturationGuide/). It was written for people just like you.

Regards
    – Bhaskar

Dear Bhaskar,

I will follow your advice.
    Thanks for the answer.
    Luciano

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05