• DSM configuration is not running

From Jonathan Harrington@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 11 08:46:06 2021
    Hi,

I know very little about Mumps but we have an old legacy system sometimes used for historic lookups and no expertise (or budget).

Typically a user logs in over telnet, enters a username and password to access the system. However, the following error message now appears:

%DSM-E-NOTRUN, A DSM configuration is not running
    %DCL-E-CAPTINT, captive account - interactive access denied

Its an OpenVMS 7.1-2 system. I have the system account login details but don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim@21:1/5 to jona...@jonharrington.org on Fri Jun 18 07:18:28 2021
    On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 11:46:07 AM UTC-4, jona...@jonharrington.org wrote:
    Hi,

I know very little about Mumps but we have an old legacy system sometimes used for historic lookups and no expertise (or budget).

Typically a user logs in over telnet, enters a username and password to access the system. However, the following error message now appears:

%DSM-E-NOTRUN, A DSM configuration is not running
    %DCL-E-CAPTINT, captive account - interactive access denied

Its an OpenVMS 7.1-2 system. I have the system account login details but don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks.

From (ancient) memory...

when logged in as the DSM instance owner, to start the config use the following

$ DSM/MAN
    D ^STU

If not logged in as the instance owner I think that you'd need to specify the the environment name /ENVI=xxxxxx and a volume /VOLU=xxxx. Likely simpler to just identify the instance owner and use that SYSTEM account to set the password and log in as it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)