• New Google Group: idl-pvwave

From wlandsman@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 1 11:13:07 2018
    Happy New Year everyone. I have set up a Google Group (not a Usenet group) at

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/idl-pvwave

You have to have a Google account, and press the button asking to join the idl-pvwave group. I hope this does not dissuade too many people on comp.lang.idl-pvwave from moving to idl-pvwave. The owners of the group (currently only me but I hope to
    add a couple of other people) will be able to see the complete Google email that you are using.

The main advantage of the Google group is that it should eliminate most spam. There are some minor advantages such as the ability to write rich text and attach files.

I gave up on the idea of a moderated Usenet group, in part because it would introduce delays to the postings, but mainly because the Usenet system is so broken that the administrators weren't even sure if any new Usenet groups would be recognized by
    Google. (It would be nice to know why some unmoderated groups, such as comp.lang.fortran, are a relatively free of spam, whereas comp.lang.idl-pvwave seems to have become a magnet for spam. But I was not able to make any progress on this.)

I suspect that idl-pvwave might have some rough patches at the start, and I welcome any suggestions on how to improve it. --Wayne Landsman

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)