• How do I fix my github?

From e.d.programmer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 2 04:06:33 2021
    If you look at a public github (https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton) you see a branch name (develop) and below it you see files that should be under the project if you import it.
    If I pull up my project repository, I see my branch name, and under that I see a folder that is my project name. If I import this to another computer it pulls in project name with just this folder under it, then the files under that folder which should
    be right at the top level of the project.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Marcel Mueller@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 2 16:59:55 2021
    Am 02.04.21 um 13:06 schrieb e.d.pro...@gmail.com:
    If I pull up my project repository, I see my branch name, and under that I see a folder that is my project name. If I import this to another computer it pulls in project name with just this folder under it, then the files under that folder which
    should be right at the top level of the project.

You probably have different git settings on you computers.

Marcel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Richard Damon@21:1/5 to e.d.pro...@gmail.com on Fri Apr 2 11:09:09 2021
    On 4/2/21 11:06 AM, e.d.pro...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:00:07 AM UTC-4, Marcel Mueller wrote:
    If I pull up my project repository, I see my branch name, and under that I see a folder that is my project name. If I import this to another computer it pulls in project name with just this folder under it, then the files under that folder which

Marcel

Shouldn't be anything about the computer setting. The repository shouldn't show the project as a folder.

Look at github. Likely the repository starts with a folder and then the
    files under it.

The machine that directly pulls in the files with no folder isn't
    pulling the full repository, but is just doing a partial checkout of
    that folder.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From e.d.programmer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Richard Damon on Fri Apr 2 08:13:28 2021
    On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:09:19 AM UTC-4, Richard Damon wrote:
    Look at github. Likely the repository starts with a folder and then the
    files under it.

The machine that directly pulls in the files with no folder isn't
    pulling the full repository, but is just doing a partial checkout of
    that folder.

Far as I can tell my EGit on that machine is pointing directly to the repository, same as the other computer I tried to check it out from. Where would the folder reference be?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From e.d.programmer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Marcel Mueller on Fri Apr 2 08:06:11 2021
    On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:00:07 AM UTC-4, Marcel Mueller wrote:

Marcel

Shouldn't be anything about the computer setting. The repository shouldn't show the project as a folder.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05