• MOD51

From ctmalan@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 15 08:18:13 2019
    I use MOD51 in the 1980s at two companies in South Africa but have since lost the licence and code.

I plan to use it for a hobby project and would gladly used it again as I enjoyed Modula 2 as embedded compiler.

Anyone out there know where I can get a copy? I cannot find a recent trail for Jim Granville or designtools.co.nz

Kind regards,

Cornie Malan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Chris Burrows@21:1/5 to ctm...@gmail.com on Tue Jul 16 01:24:30 2019
    On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:48:14 AM UTC+9:30, ctm...@gmail.com wrote:
    I use MOD51 in the 1980s at two companies in South Africa but have since lost the licence and code.

I plan to use it for a hobby project and would gladly used it again as I enjoyed Modula 2 as embedded compiler.

Anyone out there know where I can get a copy? I cannot find a recent trail for Jim Granville or designtools.co.nz

designtools appears to have gone offline. An email I sent to Jim a week or so ago bounced and my Google cache shows the most snapshot of the designtools page as it appeared on 10 Jun 2019.

Older pages of his site can also be viewed in archive.org. His address is included if you want to try to contact him by postal mail,

Regards,
    Chris Burrows
    CFB Software
    http://www.astrobe.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jan272@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ctm...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 17 03:30:54 2019
    On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 5:18:14 PM UTC+2, ctm...@gmail.com wrote:

Kind regards,

Cornie Malan

I guess Mod51 is dead just like any other Modula-2 project on earth. Your only hope is trijetski who is working on porting mocka for some years now and I guess he will be ready in a few months from now.
    Apart from that there are Astrobe and obc.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?iso-8859-1?q?Jos=E9_Manuel_Garc=E@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 18 20:44:00 2019
    I guess Mod51 is dead just like any other Modula-2 project on earth.
    Your only hope is trijetski who is working on porting mocka for some
    years now and I guess he will be ready in a few months from now.
    Apart from that there are Astrobe and obc.

GNU Modula-2 is still alive:

https://www.nongnu.org/gm2/download.html

--
    José Manuel García-Patos
    Madrid

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05