• using htmlhelp in modula 2 .

From Ann Maybury@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 16 13:29:12 2019
    I have converted a quite large windows based Modula 2 that executedd under XP to run on Windows 10 using the ADW Compiler. I am now trying to convert the WINHelp to HTML Help. I have a test set of the HTML help files created by the HTML help workshop.
    Things work when I view the chm either under the workshop or by double clicking an the file. However when I use the ADW calls, things do not work properly.

I have tried every calling sequence variant that I can think of or that I found on the web. I feel that I am missing some initialization steps. Does anyone know where there are some samples or instructions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Chris Burrows@21:1/5 to Ann Maybury on Sat Mar 16 17:15:51 2019
    On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 6:59:13 AM UTC+10:30, Ann Maybury wrote:

I have tried every calling sequence variant that I can think of or that I found on the web. I feel that I am missing some initialization steps. Does anyone know where there are some samples or instructions?

How were you trying to call the HTML Help? By calling the HTMLHELP module directly or via the WinShell Module?

What does 'do not work properly' mean exactly?

Unless you are trying to do something fancy I would recommend using the WinShell interface. If that is what you have already tried, or you don't have any success with that either, show us an example of a *minimal* test program that you have tried and I,
    or somebody else, may be able to help you.

Regards,
    Chris Burrows
    CFB Software
    http://www.cfbsoftware.com/modula2

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)