• hello new logo user here!

From joseph turco@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 12 08:09:25 2021
    hello all,

i am a new hobbyist programmer and have been on the hunt for a language i enjoy, ive tried the mainstream stuff, and have also tried APL and smalltalk. I still didn't find anything i could understand, but then i heard about logo. I found Brian Harveys
    book's and i have to say, i really enjoy how its written for someone looking to learn and isn't a CS major. I think this is the language i have been looking for! So id thought id say ' print [Hello world!]

regards,

Joseph Turco

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Qitam Nova@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 12 23:28:38 2021
    Hello Joseph,

welcome to this group. Have a lot of fun exploring Logo! It was a language I learned nearly 40 years ago, and I still come back. Logo is not about the language, it‘s a tool to play with your ideas, and it teaches you to find solutions. Have a great
    time!

Qitam

hello all,

i am a new hobbyist programmer and have been on the hunt for a language i enjoy, ive tried the mainstream stuff, and have also tried APL and smalltalk. I still didn't find anything i could understand, but then i heard about logo. I found Brian Harveys
    book's and i have to say, i really enjoy how its written for someone looking to learn and isn't a CS major. I think this is the language i have been looking for! So id thought id say ' print [Hello world!]

regards,

Joseph Turco

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joseph turco@21:1/5 to qitam...@gmail.com on Sat Aug 28 07:48:39 2021
    On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 2:28:38 AM UTC-4, qitam...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello Joseph,

welcome to this group. Have a lot of fun exploring Logo! It was a language I learned nearly 40 years ago, and I still come back. Logo is not about the language, it‘s a tool to play with your ideas, and it teaches you to find solutions. Have a great
    time!

Qitam
    hello all,

i am a new hobbyist programmer and have been on the hunt for a language i enjoy, ive tried the mainstream stuff, and have also tried APL and smalltalk. I still didn't find anything i could understand, but then i heard about logo. I found Brian
    Harveys book's and i have to say, i really enjoy how its written for someone looking to learn and isn't a CS major. I think this is the language i have been looking for! So id thought id say ' print [Hello world!]

regards,

Joseph Turco
    yeah, its just easier for me to grasp the concepts with logo. everything else was just an overload for me. I hope to enjoy it more!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Qitam Nova@21:1/5 to italian...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 1 01:52:06 2021
    italian...@gmail.com schrieb am Samstag, 28. August 2021 um 16:48:40 UTC+2:
    On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 2:28:38 AM UTC-4, qitam...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello Joseph,

time!

Qitam
    hello all,

i am a new hobbyist programmer and have been on the hunt for a language i enjoy, ive tried the mainstream stuff, and have also tried APL and smalltalk. I still didn't find anything i could understand, but then i heard about logo. I found Brian
    Harveys book's and i have to say, i really enjoy how its written for someone looking to learn and isn't a CS major. I think this is the language i have been looking for! So id thought id say ' print [Hello world!]

regards,

Joseph Turco
    yeah, its just easier for me to grasp the concepts with logo. everything else was just an overload for me. I hope to enjoy it more!

Hey Jo!

If you need further insights I can recommend you Brian Harvey's books on Logo. You can find an online version here: http://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/v1-toc2.html It helped me a lot!. Oh, and yes, everyone here in this group will answer your questions,
    too.

Have a great day!

Qitam

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05