• Treeview in Clarion 11

From pilot@wlship.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 19 06:43:32 2019
    I am still struggling with tree views in Clarion.

I have two files I would like to combine. The primary file is a list of vessels (sea) and the secondary file is a list of voyages for each vessel. This is an ordinary one to many relationships.

I would like to have the vessels and the related voyages in the treeview control.
    In addition I would like to have the voyages in a related browse box.

I have made a local variable containing the id for a vessel as well.

The idea is that when a vessel or a voyage is selected in the tree, the local variable will be updated with the id of the vessel. The browsebox would be set up so that any changes in the local variable would reset the browsebox.

The problem is that there seems to only an eventhandler that files when the nodes are opened or closed. Nothing happens when a node is selected.

I have tried using an embed for copying the vesselid to the local variable using the selected embed point, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

--------------------

Another matter with regard to the two treeview controls in Clarion 11. The standard treecontrol displays the fields for the primary and secondary controls just fine.

But because of extra functionality I decided to try the SVMultiChildRelationTree control template. This has the availability of hotfields etc, which I think can help with what I am trying to do.

But I cannot figure out the control. I have selected the vessel file for the primary file and the voyages file. For the vessel field to display I use clip(Shi:Name) and for the child file I use clip(VOYAGE:Voyage_No) vessel for the field description.

It seems the nodes in the tree works find, with primary nodes and child nodes the the right number. But the strange result is that nothing of the field content is shown. For instance no vessel names and no voyagenumbers. This works fine in the standard
    template, but with this template what is will display is clip(Shi:Name) for each vessel node, and clip?(VOYAGE:Voyage_No) for each voyage node.

Have any other had the same results, or is it something I am missing with this template?

Thanks in advance for your response.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Leonid Chudakov@21:1/5 to pi...@wlship.com on Tue Mar 19 13:00:57 2019
    Hi,

I would use handcoding for a tree. Gives you much more control

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 4:43:34 PM UTC+3, pi...@wlship.com wrote:

I have two files I would like to combine. The primary file is a list of vessels (sea) and the secondary file is a list of voyages for each vessel. This is an ordinary one to many relationships.

I would like to have the vessels and the related voyages in the treeview control.

The idea is that when a vessel or a voyage is selected in the tree, the local variable will be updated with the id of the vessel. The browsebox would be set up so that any changes in the local variable would reset the browsebox.

The problem is that there seems to only an eventhandler that files when the nodes are opened or closed. Nothing happens when a node is selected.

I have tried using an embed for copying the vesselid to the local variable using the selected embed point, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

--------------------

Another matter with regard to the two treeview controls in Clarion 11. The standard treecontrol displays the fields for the primary and secondary controls just fine.

But because of extra functionality I decided to try the SVMultiChildRelationTree control template. This has the availability of hotfields etc, which I think can help with what I am trying to do.

But I cannot figure out the control. I have selected the vessel file for the primary file and the voyages file. For the vessel field to display I use clip(Shi:Name) and for the child file I use clip(VOYAGE:Voyage_No) vessel for the field description.

It seems the nodes in the tree works find, with primary nodes and child nodes the the right number. But the strange result is that nothing of the field content is shown. For instance no vessel names and no voyagenumbers. This works fine in the standard
    template, but with this template what is will display is clip(Shi:Name) for each vessel node, and clip?(VOYAGE:Voyage_No) for each voyage node.

Have any other had the same results, or is it something I am missing with this template?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pilot@wlship.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 19 15:09:05 2019
    Well, the point of using Clarion is using the templates. The problem is the lack of documentation and examples. If I search on internet I can get a lot of info on using the microsoft control, but nothing on clarion.

Last year I decided to buy a subscription for a year to test it out. I had an old version that I bought 20 years ago, 4b pro, that I could use on an xt machine. I must say I am disappointed. Not much seems to have happened in 20 years.

Since I know vb, I have now also started to write the same application simultaneously both in Clarion and in ms Access. Not very RAD ....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sean H@21:1/5 to pilot@wlship.com on Fri Mar 22 16:50:37 2019
    I haven't used the relation tree for a while, I've been using the Multi
    Child Relation tree template recently.
    It has a few faults but it's been working well.

Using that theres a NewSelection routine that you can put code into.

The relation tree might be similar, since I think the MCR is built from
    the relationTree

Sean H

On 19/3/19 11:43 pm, pilot@wlship.com wrote:

Any ideas?

--------------------

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sean H@21:1/5 to pilot@wlship.com on Fri Mar 22 16:16:05 2019
    On 20/3/19 8:09 am, pilot@wlship.com wrote:
    Well, the point of using Clarion is using the templates. The problem is the lack of documentation and examples. If I search on internet I can get a lot of info on using the microsoft control, but nothing on clarion.

Last year I decided to buy a subscription for a year to test it out. I had an old version that I bought 20 years ago, 4b pro, that I could use on an xt machine. I must say I am disappointed. Not much seems to have happened in 20 years.

Since I know vb, I have now also started to write the same application simultaneously both in Clarion and in ms Access. Not very RAD ....

Try also asking on the newsgroups at news.softvelocity.com and also clarionhub.com More people hang out there.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05