• How do you take care of your software users?

From spamthis>" @21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 7 11:26:45 2019
    Hi! I have a question about supporting my end users of my software.

How do you take care of users who call about their printer not working, or they can't get the software to open up because of a networking error?
    Do you charge for these things? Do you somehow let them know it's not your problem but do it nicely?

I feel like we are getting way too many calls that have nothing to do with our software. Just today a customer wants to print to a different printer and I asked if it was installed on her computer. She answers "I don't know how to check that."

Any advice for other support people would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Wayne

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Joe Tan@21:1/5 to spamthis on Fri Feb 8 19:32:29 2019
    On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 2:26:46 AM UTC+7, WayneGHodge<nospam at gmail . com >@<spamthis> wrote:

How do you take care of users who call about their printer not working, or they can't get the software to open up because of a networking error?
    Do you charge for these things? Do you somehow let them know it's not your problem but do it nicely?

I feel like we are getting way too many calls that have nothing to do with our software. Just today a customer wants to print to a different printer and I asked if it was installed on her computer. She answers "I don't know how to check that."

Thanks,
    Wayne

Hi Wayne,
    Seems you need helpdesk system. But firstly you must make clear of your sales agreement with your customer. Like do you have agreement about the hardware troubleshooting or you only have software sales agreement. So the hardware problems will handled
    with their internal IT. From My experiences there'll be mentioned. it will be better if you recommend them to have internal IT to make such kind maintenance.
    So you can focused to the main problems like database errors or application errors . Because there'll be problems and adding more risk if you handled both hardware and software. And it will be better too if you have remote desktop app viewer installed
    like anydesk, team viewer, etc to remote your app.
    Hope it will help..

Thx,

Joe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joe Tan@21:1/5 to spamthis on Fri Feb 8 19:25:34 2019
    On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 2:26:46 AM UTC+7, WayneGHodge<nospam at gmail . com >@<spamthis> wrote:

Thanks,
    Wayne

Hi Wayne,
    Seems you need helpdesk system. But firstly you must make clear of your sales agreement with your customer. Like do you have agreement about the hardware troubleshooting or you only software sales agreement. So the hardware problems will handled with
    their internal IT. From My experiences there'll be mentioned about those problems. But as good software vendors it will be better if you recommend them to have internal IT to make such kind maintenance. So you can communicate with the IT to solve the
    main problems like database errors or application errors and hardware troubleshoot will be handled by the internal IT . Because there'll problems if the customer ask you to come to fix their printer and you are on the place. And it will be better too if
    you have remote desktop app viewer installed like anydesk, team viewer, etc to remote you app.
    Hope it will help..

Thx,

Joe

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05