• Clarion5

From Manuel Lahens@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 18 15:45:42 2021
    Good day to Everyone.
    Many years back I bought Clarion for Dos then Clarion4 and eventually Clarion5. My friend (programmer) and I wrote a program for my company back in 98 Its been many years and I am still using the program we wrote. I have gone through many computers
    since that time and I have lost the CD to Topspeed Clarion4 and 5. but apparently can see the activation keys in some of the files using an editor. Since I have kept all my hard drives I recently bought an IDE to USB reader and have been going through my
    old files and came across what I believe are my original files when I first bought Clarion4 and later upgraded to 5. The reason for my visit today is that I am trying to re-do some areas of the program that was written 20 years ago. Some reports need
    to be changed and some screen information updated.

I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer.
    1) I am currently running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. (Yes I am very delayed in upgrading) I believe in the folder Clarion5 I see an app called Clarion5 it appears to be an exe file with the extension app When I try to open it I get the windows message of
    incompatibility 32 vs 64 bit I have read I can create a 32 bit environment to try and run a 32bit program but before I go through that, Can anyone confirm if that file Clarion5.app will open the program.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Paul Attryde@21:1/5 to Manuel Lahens on Fri Mar 19 10:23:06 2021
    On 2021-03-18 18:45, Manuel Lahens wrote:
    Good day to Everyone.
    Many years back I bought Clarion for Dos then Clarion4 and eventually Clarion5. My friend (programmer) and I wrote a program for my company back in 98 Its been many years and I am still using the program we wrote. I have gone through many computers
    since that time and I have lost the CD to Topspeed Clarion4 and 5. but apparently can see the activation keys in some of the files using an editor. Since I have kept all my hard drives I recently bought an IDE to USB reader and have been going through my
    old files and came across what I believe are my original files when I first bought Clarion4 and later upgraded to 5. The reason for my visit today is that I am trying to re-do some areas of the program that was written 20 years ago. Some reports need
    to be changed and some screen information updated.

I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer.
    1) I am currently running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. (Yes I am very delayed in upgrading) I believe in the folder Clarion5 I see an app called Clarion5 it appears to be an exe file with the extension app When I try to open it I get the windows message of
    incompatibility 32 vs 64 bit I have read I can create a 32 bit environment to try and run a 32bit program but before I go through that, Can anyone confirm if that file Clarion5.app will open the program.

You'll need a 32bit OS to use the C5 environment. I use WinXP or Win7
    virtual machine in VirtualBox

As for C5 itself, you should find tha c5ee.exe (or c5pe.exe, depending
    on which version of C5 you have), is the one to run. It should be in the \clarion5\bin folder.

hth,
    Paul

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)